• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Grey and damp here. No CBS in sight - can we have some from Sarf Herts?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Morning all.

Grey and damp here. No CBS in sight - can we have some from Sarf Herts?
      Sorry old son, it's gorn grey here now

Comment

Grey here now too, and the rain that wasn't forecast has arrived

The recycling bins have been done, so I've collared one of the good ones for us again

Just need the black bins to be done and I can get them back in, after which my responsibility for them comes to an end, assuming the landlord's recovery from hip surgery is on schedule

Comment

Afternoon all.

All go here today.

"Discussion" with client co PM about patching schedules. Yes you do have to do them when we say you do.

Window fitters back to fix snagging list from last weeks installation.

Phone interview with prospective client B done. Seemed to go ok. Resorted to hiring contractors cos the permanent staff he hires keep getting promoted or moving to other departments. 12 hires in three years and he's still only has a team of 8. Which is what he started with.

Lunch now. Chicken bacon and avocado salad with a couple of boiled eggs on top.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lunch time was taken up with sorting out the beef, mushroom and ale pie.

No actual lunch eaten

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just need the black bins to be done and I can get them back in, after which my responsibility for them comes to an end, assuming the landlord's recovery from hip surgery is on schedule
              Black bins done (though they're dark grey really), and our three have been found littered around the side road and safely corralled in the back yard

They didn't come for the black bins in the staging area again, but that's somebody else's problem this week

I need to venture out to the sorting office, located somewhere beyond the outer reaches of the Kuiper Belt, to post a card for my parent's sapphire wedding anniversary on Sunday - that's sixty-five years (though some sources also attribute sapphire to forty-five, and go on to specify blue sapphire for sixty-five)

There was going to be a family gathering, but most of us now live in Tier 2 regions so that ain't happening, or not yet

Comment

Must be a big card if you have to take it to the sorting office and not pop it in a post box

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Don't know of those companies but I won't Google them or I'll start getting their ads too.

PS Darn it. The sexy knickers thing didn't work this time, I'm still getting oak cabinets. Have to clear me cache maybe.

well at least you have wood!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Lunch time was taken up with sorting out the beef, mushroom and ale pie.

No actual lunch eaten

Is HWMBO on strike or just living dangerously and letting you in the Kitchen?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Is HWMBO on strike or just living dangerously and letting you in the Kitchen?
                      HWMBO is in his own home. I contemplated going up to Scotland with him but in the end decided against. I'll be up there in a couple of weeks, assuming wee Jimmy Kranky hasn't done something daft in the interim.

Comment

Working...
                      X