• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pie filling is now inside some pastry (top and bottom, I'm not a heathen) and will be finished in about 10 minutes. I'll save some for dinner this weekend and the rest will be portioned up and frozen.

I made a tiny mini pie from pastry offcuts and, even if I do say so myself, it was rather tasty.

This evening's dinner is some crispy duck that I took from the freezer to make room for the pie.

Comment

I hadn't realised that there was a new series of BBC Two - Surgeons: At the Edge of Life so I'm watching that. The first episode expires in 15 days.

Oh and there's a new series of Mock the Week, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Maybe the gods haven't kept up and one hasn't been appointed to the task of driving?
        The Greeks seemed to have some gods that drove chariots e.g. Helios (Helius). Though neither they and the Norse seem to have particularly gods of driving.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Health food.

Leg hurting as well as foot hurting.

I'm falling apart, I tells you, falling apart.

Tea: Tesco breaded chunky haddock, stewed pears (sans custard which explains the incredible amount of milk in the fridges), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: something with Old Stone Face in it I rather think.

Susan Calman's secret Scotland on 5 at 20:00.

Something else which escapes me right now.
          I like secret Scotland as she doesn't pretend it's warm.

Comment

I'm probably going to watch HIGNFY

And random Youtube madness.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I hadn't realised that there was a new series of BBC Two - Surgeons: At the Edge of Life so I'm watching that. The first episode expires in 15 days.
              I'd missed that too! Good catch

Comment

Chips have been guided through stage 1 and are now drying. While they do that, I'm off for a walk around a block or more, as the watch has only seen fit to credit me with eleven minutes of green ring time for my bin wrangling, card posting, and food shopping

Comment

Walk walked; green ring closed, red ring closed, and as the cyan ring was closed when making the chips, that's all three rings and done for the day

Comment

NY restaurant couple mistakenly served $2000 Mouton 1989 after ordering $18 Pinot - Decanter

Kicker: the businessmen who'd ordered the expensive wine got the cheap one instead and didn't notice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Walk walked; green ring closed, red ring closed, and as the cyan ring was closed when making the chips, that's all three rings and done for the day
                      There's other rings?? What happened to one ring to rule them all

Comment

Working...
                      X