• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There's other rings?? What happened to one ring to rule them all
    some eejit fell into a volcano wivit

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment: something with Old Stone Face in it I rather think.

Susan Calman's secret Scotland on 5 at 20:00.

Something else which escapes me right now.
      It must be said that Old Stone Face in "To the Shores of Tripoli (1942)" with John Payne and Maureen O'Hara is a good deal more entertaining than Ms Calman's epic this week.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watching a clip of Maureen from Barnsley on Youtube.

When did a medical doctor become a scientist? Regardless she is patronising Maureen from Barnsley.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Maureen's husband is now mansplaining.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: fish fingers, chips and beans

This lot of Maris Pipers are Sainsbury's ones from Norfolk, and although they're OK, I have to say they're not as good as the Suffolk ones I had from M&S or even the Shropshire ones from Iceland. In fact, the Iceland ones were so good for chips that I might pop in and see if they have any more, in which case these could be used for other potato-related purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Entertainment: Something else which escapes me right now.
              "Hitman Redemption (2018)" a.k.a. "Asher (2018)" with that Ron Perlman chap and Jacqueline Bisset, for whom the years have not been altogether kind, it's a loooong time since "Bullit".

<pondering hiatus>

I rather enjoyed that, despite all the naysayers on IMDB.

Apparently the dialogue was poorly written and the film was too slow.

I thought it was just about right, definitely a 7.

I think it's because I'm an and can appreciate what the chap was going through, unlike the reviewers who'd barely started to shave and don't need ibuprofen so they can do stuff.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2020, 08:51.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture rewatch was The Meg (2018) which is silly nonsense from start to finish

After that, a not so major but more worthwhile motion picture rewatch: '71 (2014), of which I previously said:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                After that: '71 (2014), in which a young squaddie is accidentally left behind in a Catholic area of Belfast when his unit is forced to hastily withdraw after an operation in support of the RUC goes pear shaped, and has to try to get out alive. There's some pretty brutal stuff going on in this, and none of the various sides involved (which aren't as clear cut as you might expect, with violent conflict between the Official and Provisional IRA, and between the regular British Army and its undercover officers) comes out with much credit. Worth a watch should it come your way.
                and I stand by that. This came to my attention again because it appeared in "Included With Prime", and if you've paid your money for Amazon Prime, this is a very good way of benefiting thereby. A much better film than most of the crap I watch

Goodnight all
                Last edited by NickFitz; 24 October 2020, 03:38.

Comment

Morning all just been playing with an NF creation
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bonjour mes amis. j'ai fait un retour, après une petite absence ...

6kg Brisket was separated into flat and deckle. Flat was smoked in pellet grill, but came out dry. Strangely, this was due to the quality of the beef, which as a 3 year old grass fed Angus, was too lean. Our septic friends use corn fed up to 6-8 years old, which develop a much deeper fat layer. Will have to make the whole thing into "burnt ends"

Deckle will be put into a brine pickle for 8 days and then turned into Salt Beef (hopefully that will be more successful?).

I have a beef obsession...it reflects in my "Covid-baby-belly".
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Windy.

Sunless.

Warm at 17 deg in here.

998 mBar and 66% RH.

Saturday.

Saturday in the prison that is Wales.

Cymru Yng Llockdown.

<hiatus>

To add to the joy, cramp in the left leg during the night and the right little toe is still complaining.

<hiatus whilst changing boxes>

Just had an email from my mate over in Pontardawe re the family across the road from him who have gone down with the Chinese Plague.

The lady of the house has pegged it at the grand old age of about 62.

I'm running a virus check on his email.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2020, 09:02.

Comment

Working...
                      X