• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey, 14°C, but at least it's dry for now

Comment

Lunch was extra mature English cheddar and lots of cracked black pepper on toasted brown bread, with earl grey tea.
      and very nice too.
      need a new armchair.
      going to be difficult finding one without going to a store.
      meh.

Comment

Just as we start discussing what to do this afternoon, the heavens open...

Comment

Flat-Iron steak in Soy-honey-teriyake marinade for this evening's bovine gastronomy...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Brie and bacon baguette with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce for late lunch.

The pie has been portioned up. One piece is in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner and the rest is in the freezer.

Comment

Tipping down out there now

Very windy too

Comment

Late lunch (or early tea?) of a corned beef butty on sesame bloomer

Comment

Just started to rain here, about an hour later than forecast which isn't too bad (it was only a 60% chance in the 1600 hour). Just a light shower so far.

Comment

been a steady drizzle all afternoon in sodden sarf herts.
                    but hey, got me book, got an affligem blonde beer, and ten year old glenmorangie.
                    so feck it.

Comment

I have been tinkering with my new Xero accounts set up. It's actually quite good but there's lots of bits buried that the help doesn't quite cover very well. I spent ages trying to figure out one bit around fixed assets and kept seeing a reference to the 'adviser' role but nothing to explain further. Then, about half an hour after I finally gave up and filed a support ticket for some help, I discovered that I only had 'admin' access whereas the 'adviser' access gives a whole heap more options! Enabled that and now I'm a much happier bunny.

HWMBO said his accountant told him to go with Quick Books as Xero is expensive. I think Xero is only a smidge more expensive than I was paying Sage but has much more functionality and feels like a far more professional product. I used Quick Books back when I first started out but, as it didn't do payroll back then, I moved to Sage and stayed put for over a decade.

What is annoying, and the biggest downside to cloud based accounting, is that I can't stop paying Sage because I'll then lose access to my historic data. Need to think about that further as, now I've pondered on it, I haven't kept a copy of the Sage desktop software I used to use before moving to cloud accounting so I can't access anything older than the last three or four years anyway. Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                      X