• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad my family doesn't do zoom (or any other type of video conferencing) calls.

I didn't have macaroni cheese for dinner in the end. I realised by the time I'd tidied the kitchen and made it, it would be too late to eat. I just ate random stuff from the cupboard instead.

Macaroni cheese is on the list to be made another day. Along with choux buns that I had a hankering for earlier today which lead me on a hunt for pearl sugar.

I may also make a batch of chocolate brownies, so incensed was I at the right balls up they made of such a simple thing on GBBO.

It's unlikely any of this will be done tomorrow.

Oh yes and the rain was quite persistent for a while but seems to have eased up now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Rain's picked up the pace again, and the road is starting to resemble a small river
      Mine does that quite regularly.

It's when it meets in the middle that you've got problems.

It's Very Quiet out there, so not much splashing of water from the gutters this evening.

Entertainment (continued): "Assassination (2016)" a.k.a. "Decommissioned (2016)" with Vinnie Jones, Michael Pare, and Dexter's Dead Dad, James Remar.

It wasn't very good and thankfully it wasn't very long (78 minutes).

Amusing enough in its way though. 3.5 on IMDB.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Oh FFS, family Zoom call tomorrow… at 8am!
      GMT or BST?

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      So glad my family doesn't do zoom (or any other type of video conferencing) calls.
      My sister attempted to make a video call via FB but I refused to take it, turned the box off, and used another one that hasn't got FB.

Then I went to bed.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2020, 22:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

GMT. It has to be that early so we don't keep the New Zealanders up too late

As I need to get an early night despite the extra hour, viewing has been restricted to S4E4 of The Sopranos, The Weight (TV Episode 2002)

Don't forget to change such clocks as don't change themselves - or, if you never got around to changing them in March, remember to leave them alone

Goodnight all

Comment

Bonjour mes amis

"Something Understood" with (Sir) Mark Tulley was interesting, as usual.

Going to Quays Swimming with Mrs Scruff, and then to conduct audit at the golf club. More brisket to be consumed on my return.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

Gets light early doesn't it?

Quite sunny out with a fair bit of very thin high cloud, but only 8°C so far and no better than 12° forecast

Waiting for the Zoom call to start… ah, we're off

Comment

Bleedin eck. The older you get the faster time seems to go. Seems like only a few months since I was on here moaning about having to put all the clocks forward. Now I'm here to moan about having to put them all back. Probably won't bother next year, just leave them until they're right again.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Woke up to rain then realised my internal body clock didn't match the actual time.

Need to sort out one clock.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Zooming done

Feeling a bit bleurgh as, despite getting an early night and feeling reasonably tired, I had a rubbish night's sleep for some reason

Comment

Morning all

Inneresting night: gales, torrential rain, crack of doom at about 05:00ish (can't tell exactly since the clock reset itself)

Wet.

Raining.

Sunless (though there was a touch of rainbow earlier).

Grey/white sky.

Warmish at 17.1 deg.

994 mBar and 66% RH.

Sunday.

<hiatus>

Sky now dark grey verging on light black.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2020, 09:13.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

There was much precipitation shortly before 0830 but now the clouds have cleared away and the sun's out. Currently 10 degrees with a forecast high of 13. Still a 90% chance of rain but it looks like the weather app thinks the 0900 hour is raining. There's potentially a shower due early afternoon. Barometer down to 994 mBar.

I do wish Paddy O'Connell did more on R4 than just his Sunday morning show - I like his presenting style, he's got a slight mickey taking, not taking everything too seriously air about him.

Ocado are due around 10 am. Having a coffee.

Comment

Working...
                      X