• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Rain stopped a while back, and supposedly is done for the night. Going to head out for a short walk to get the green ring topped up
    Done and dusted

The cloud's almost all cleared, which is nice if you like seeing sparkly things in the heavens; but I suspect it means a chilly night. Down to 7°C is the forecast

Comment

And the police helicopter is buzzing around

It seems to be concentrating its attention over around the area of the river, which usually means somebody's gone missing and they have Concerns for their Safety

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And the police helicopter is buzzing around

It seems to be concentrating its attention over around the area of the river, which usually means somebody's gone missing and they have Concerns for their Safety
        As far as I know, that student who was last seen next to the river/marina in Swansea has never been found.

He's either been abducted by aliens or, more likely, washed out to sea & feeding the crabs.

Happens.

Quite frequently actually.

Though they do find them after a couple of weeks or so.

On which happy note: TFBSZ.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ents: part 3 of Enslaved. Seems I did learn something at school after all about slave uprisings and underground rail roads.

And so to bed...

Night.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Watched the rest of E1 of Surgeons on iPlayer during and after tea, but didn't bother with anything else. Early night now, though because of the clocks it isn't really early, as I mentioned before

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Nice and sunny.

Very quiet around as it is half-term for all the schools.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright, blue skies out. It's a nippy 9 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 13 later. Set to remain dry and bright all day. Low chance of overnight rain. Barometer steady at 994 mBar.

First coffee has been inhaled, second coffee has just been made.

My left knee has started grumbling. It began last night when I foolishly got off the sofa to walk to the kitchen. It's sore and achy but I have full range of movement and can put weight on it. The achy did keep me awake though so I'm a bit tired today. I probably need to do more exercise.

Comment

How fun! Today my client-provided laptop is running 3 minutes fast.

I have connected to their VPN in the hope that will resync to a time server as it seems the laptop can't do that on its own.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey with passing showers out; 8°C and not expected to get past 12°, but apparently it might dry up and brighten a little

I was woken up around half two by a vivid and slightly unsettling dream, and realised I was rather cold. Looks like I'll need to switch to the full two-part duvet, and maybe even start closing the bedroom window overnight

Anyway, this seems to confirm that the way I react to getting cold while sleeping is to generate weird dreams that freak me out enough to wake me up

In the interim, there was a throw nearby, a furry thing I got in a Sainsbury's sale the other year. So I chucked that over the top of the duvet and soon warmed up, after which I slept solidly and without weirdness the rest of the night and woke refreshed

Comment

Working...
                      X