• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a macaroni cheese, well technically it's pasta in cheese and bacon sauce as I've not used macaroni, that should be ready to scoff between upcoming meetings. It's just doing its bit in the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Pleasing page number.
      I'll give you that one..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        In other news, during the rain, hail, and murrain of beasts, I'd left the gardening gloves on the wall and the gardening shoes outside the back door.

Now drying in the breeze from the dehumidifier in the salting house.
        I need a new one - what brand have you got?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh lunch was baked beans, egg and toast.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I need a new one - what brand have you got?
            Can't remember, they came from Homebase before the Australians fecked it up, at least 6 years ago.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

The electricians - plural, for there were two of them - have been and done their thing, and a shiny new fusebox now lurks in the corner of the living room

Apparently the wiring in this place is fundamentally sound, so that's one less thing to worry about. And when I told them that I didn't use the bathroom heater because it crackled and arced and was generally a menace, and that the bathroom fan had never worked as long as I've lived here, one of them fiddled around with the heater and got it working safely, then went and bought a new fan, which the other one fitted once he'd done the fusebox

I'm knackered now; been up since seven. Suppose I'd better sort something out for lunch. And, thinking about it, I haven't even had my coffee yet

Comment

Bathroom heaters are for people who don't have cold showers in February.

I'm frequently amazed by the way I give off enough steam to steam up the mirrors despite the temperature of the water. <- me in the shower.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Bathroom heaters are for people who don't have cold showers in February.

I'm frequently amazed by the way I give off enough steam to steam up the mirrors despite the temperature of the water. <- me in the shower.
                  I doubt I'll ever use it, as I've never felt the lack. But I think it was one of those things where, once I'd said how dodgy it was, he wasn't going to be happy until he'd fiddled with it and got it working properly, even though I told him he needn't bother

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I doubt I'll ever use it, as I've never felt the lack. But I think it was one of those things where, once I'd said how dodgy it was, he wasn't going to be happy until he'd fiddled with it and got it working properly, even though I told him he needn't bother
                    You may find it comes in handy for quick clothes drying

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Made a macaroni cheese, well technically it's pasta in cheese and bacon sauce as I've not used macaroni, that should be ready to scoff between upcoming meetings. It's just doing its bit in the oven.
                      Decidely meh. The recipe I followed did not provide enough cheesy sauce for the pasta.

Comment

Working...
                      X