• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    ...The guinea fowl are safely tucked away in their home.

I prefer to think of them as African immigrants who are living in one of the 4 houses I own in leafy Surrey, where they scratch out a living but mostly rely on handouts from British taxpayers (me & The Wife (tm)).
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Late breakfast was a couple of slices of toast and jam washed down with a coffee.

None of my to-do list has been done.

Clock's a ticking...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        None of my to-do list has been done.

Clock's a ticking...

I believe you need to re-write and re-evaluate your to-do list.
        Put easier goals on it, such as "have a couple of slices of toast with jam", or maybe even "have a coffee"

You'll find it so much better to achieve goals on your to-do list, rather than not achieving them.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think I may do some vacuuming and dusting. Not enough laundry to do a wash yet.

Comment

Morning all!

Grey and dampish here. At least it isn't quite as cold as it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I think I may do some vacuuming and dusting. Not enough laundry to do a wash yet.
              I see the problem here - avoiding items you need to do by doing things that are straightforward.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Quitely playing Freecell (don't ask) whilst watching the rain, all of a sudden the fecking scaffolders turned up.

I went down the garden to get out of the house as quick as possible (very quick as it transpires) and potched about a bit more, sheltered in the greenhouse & the garage from the rain, then did some more potching when it eased up.

Scaffolders have now pissed off and I discovered that my tv aerial is now comprehensively fecked.

It's been on 3 houses in its time and I was quite proud of keeping it going.

The twats have wrecked the dipole so that's the end of that.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

No signal on the satellite receivers (microwaves don't go far through wet wood planks), but the DTV still works despite what the apes have done to my aerial.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 October 2020, 12:27.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not a huge amount of movement on the contract front here. The two I'm still officially live for are now not returning my calls so I guess they're really dead.

Did have two first interviews for (interesting) permie roles yesterday, and another tomorrow. Had a phone call with a very pushy quick talking ex-telesales type pimp yesterday afternoon who wanted my CV that very same afternoon but in return would definitely schedule an interview in the hiring manager's calendar this morning. Definitely true, they want to move really quickly. I obliged with the CV and guess what... no word this morning. "Oh, they said they might move the interviews to Monday, I'll let you know..." What a twist!

Looked up the pimp on LinkedIn and they're not ex-telesales, but has only ever done one job (being a pimp) and graduated two years ago with a degree in Sociology...

Comment

Now it's cold again. Perhaps time for a jumper and some more coffee.

Comment

In a little while I shall investigate putting a dish in the front room looking out through the window.

Alternatively, one bolted to a scaffolding pole outside the front door.

I fecking hate builders, roofers, and most of all scaffolders.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X