• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Hoader!!!
    2005? I've just thrown away some that were from 1985.

They were used to wrap up some railway mags from 1957.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Skin A&E, Sewermen? You got some odd tastes, do you watch Dr Pimple Popper?
        Of course.

Finest programme. This week they had the ep with the chap who had a giant cyst on his thigh.

Pustulent heaven it was.

Comment

That's the way to do it

I just took said newspapers out the back and put them in the recycling bin. It's 4°C out there at the moment, the moon is shining through what I think is a mackerel sky looking very scenic, and there's a bit of a hazy fogginess as is traditional on Bonfire Night. But what struck me is that it seemed very quiet, with much less of the usual background noise of the city. The road seemed about as busy as normal during the day, but tonight feels much more lockdowny; very little traffic about

Comment

Evening all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think some even older mags, possibly 1952 or so went last week.

Also wrapped in 1985 Evening Posts.

It does seem like a very long time ago.

One of this week's mags had a picture of the Crumlin Viaduct on the front, it was a 1965 copy, said viaduct was about to star in "Arabesque" alongside Gregory Peck & Sofia Loren wherein the viaduct is close enough to west London to be reached on horseback in a matter of minutes.

Comment

The Scotch broth finally came to fruition, and exceedingly nice it is

Eaten with bits of wholemeal bread and sesame bloomer. I think wholemeal is more appropriate for it, though

Just letting it cool off a bit, and then I'll start dividing it into portions, which helps it cool a bit faster. It might still make the fridge a bit warm though as there's so much of it; but there isn't anything in there at the moment that's going to suffer too much from the temperature going a bit high for an hour or two.

Comment

All apportioned; enough for six more good-sized bowls, each a meal in itself

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    And later, I started watching the HBO drama-documentary Recount (TV Movie 2008), all about the unholy mess that was the election count in Florida in 2000, complete with hanging, dimpled, and any imaginable other kinds of chad. It's very good, with an excellent cast including John Hurt among others. But I've discovered it's two hours long, and I'm quite tired after staying up late for yesterday's electoral shenanigans, so I've stopped about halfway through and I'll watch the rest tomorrow
                    The rest has been duly watched. What a stitch-up; no wonder the US's elections are always such an unholy mess

Goodnight all

Comment

Source close to the Supreme CUK Leadership assured me that this abomination of a thread will be removed after that new forum software is ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X