• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

hungover a bit.
    Rum did, in fact, come into play after the Rioja.
    meh
    ripple clouds and blue bits in shiny sarf herts.
    tea required.

Comment

Morning (though I was up earlier in the morning writing drivel)

The fog looks like it's clearing with a high of 12.

"He's leaving on that midnight train to Georgia..."
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just pulled the pin on a Friday argument.

I filled out a form where I put one of the answers as "No". Given the quality of the question (and the lack of knowledge of the person asking it), I then gave a short explanation as to why it was clearly no.
        Said person replied with "The answer is Yes, please update your response accordingly"

I've gone back and asked them to explain why the answer is yes.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Inbound trundling of the recycling bin done. I popped out there to check on them and the bin wagon had just that moment arrived on the side road. So I popped back in, as it's rather cold out there still, and watched from the kitchen window; as the chap said, I counted them out, and I counted them back in again, then popped back down and got us a good one

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Just pulled the pin on a Friday argument.

I filled out a form where I put one of the answers as "No". Given the quality of the question (and the lack of knowledge of the person asking it), I then gave a short explanation as to why it was clearly no.
            Said person replied with "The answer is Yes, please update your response accordingly"

I've gone back and asked them to explain why the answer is yes.
            I just got a tshirt for my birthday.
            it's for video calls with Project Managers.
            it says: 'I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you'
            quite apt, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              If anybody still cares, Georgia's count just flipped for Biden, which will be giving the Toxic Wotsit conniptions as it means he's lost and Biden's won if it stays that way
              Not that it matters one iota, but I suppose the chaos should subside a little if someone who has some sort of an idea how government should work is in the White House (why did I mistype that as "Whine House"? Some sort of freudian slip?).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust since there can be only two), two bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons multiseed bread, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Trump has raised over $8million from his worshippers to cover his legal fees for the court cases he's filing about election results that go against him.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Trump has raised over $8million from his worshippers to cover his legal fees for the court cases he's filing about election results that go against him.
                  And in every single hearing so far the judge has asked for evidence and they haven't presented any so the whole thing has been thrown out

Actually, that's an oversimplification: in at least one case, the judge ruled that they hadn't even said what they were alleging, and that even if they had alleged something, the entity they would have been alleging it against wasn't the entity that would have been responsible. So it got thrown out

Comment

The meter man cometh!

Been at least a year of estimated bills, so I took my own readings while we were down there and went back to last quarter's bill to calculate how wrong they were. Thought I had a result as they've greatly overestimated the electric, but then it turned out they've greatly underestimated the gas. So I'll get stung again, but I suppose I might as well get it out of the way before the worst of winter bites

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      And in every single hearing so far the judge has asked for evidence and they haven't presented any so the whole thing has been thrown out

Actually, that's an oversimplification: in at least one case, the judge ruled that they hadn't even said what they were alleging, and that even if they had alleged something, the entity they would have been alleging it against wasn't the entity that would have been responsible. So it got thrown out
                      There was one where the observers said that a pile of ballots arrived after the close. They were asked but he judge when did they arrive, both observers said they didn't know, but they saw them being moved to a counting desk.
                      No evidence that they arrived late. Case thrown out.

Comment

Working...
                      X