• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping and old clothes disposal done

The Oxfam thing sounded as if it had loads of room, so I may take more bags next time

And the shopping was accomplished without issue; not sure it was any quieter than usual in store, but the traffic was maybe 80% of last week's.

Sainsbury's are doing their double-your-Nectar points thing from the middle of next week, this being the promotion that has in the past got me such things as my slow cooker, my food processor, and a lot of wine from their Taste the Difference range

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Shopping and old clothes disposal done

The Oxfam thing sounded as if it had loads of room, so I may take more bags next time

And the shopping was accomplished without issue; not sure it was any quieter than usual in store, but the traffic was maybe 80% of last week's.

Sainsbury's are doing their double-your-Nectar points thing from the middle of next week, this being the promotion that has in the past got me such things as my slow cooker, my food processor, and a lot of wine from their Taste the Difference range
      That gets me lots of wine and rum every christmas

Lunch was duck spring rolls and tempura prawns with sweet chilli dip.
      and a glass of Chablis, it being still my birthday weekend, so bugger it.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        That gets me lots of wine and rum every christmas

Lunch was duck spring rolls and tempura prawns with sweet chilli dip.
        and a glass of Chablis, it being still my birthday weekend, so bugger it.
        Be warned, they aren't doing the voucher exchange in store this year, as it tends to cause long queues - you have to get a virtual voucher either online or through the Nectar app

Comment

Late lunch has been a couple of southern not-fried chicken thighs from the not-that-hot-by-this-time food counter

Sadly, I was a bit earlier this week so they hadn't been reduced to clear yet

Comment

Romantic walk had with HWMBO to Screwfix and the garage where his ex had left her car for us to pick up (not that we need a car this week)

Comment

A romantic walk to Screwfix...............

another euphemism?

Comment

To escape the endless building work I went down to the garage to have a potch about with the bags of paperwork that resides therein.

Found Strangelove Mater's passport (expired 1999, never used), some premium bond numbers, photographs of Neath, photographs of my great Aunts from about 1918, photographs of my Grandfather and Grandmother and Grandfather's brothers from Oz & South Africa in 1962, slightly too late since GF's dementia was too far advanced for him to reaiise who they were.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded cod, stewed pears Tesco Granny Smiths apples (being too unpleasant to eat otherwise and barely edible when cooked) with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Wrong side of town (2010)" with Dave Bautista, it having fallen out of a pile so it would be rude to put it back.

It has a rating of 3.8 but Stormy Daniels is in it.

Secret Scotland is on 5 at 20:00, it being about islands this week, so hopefully better than last week's effort.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thanks to repeatedly going up and down stairs, dragging bins around, shopping, and so on, the watch has already credited me with seventeen minutes of exercise for free

Going to go for a short walk round some acceptable bits of the neighbourhood just to top it off

Comment

Walk duly and briskly walked, red and green rings closed

Very briskly, in fact, because it feels very chilly out there - 7°C, but despite there not being any breeze that I noticed, it feels colder

Comment

Dinner has been chicken jalfrezi and pillow rice.
                      with a nice Merlot for a change.
                      ents seems to be very limited on freeview.

might have to look at iPlayer or netflix.

meh

Comment

Working...
                      X