• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man shot in Russia in argument over Kant | Reuters

Comment

wot, as in 'wot Kant nicked my Bentley' ???

Comment

dinner was steak pie <pukka>, chips <aunt bessy> and peas (cap'n B>.
        oh, and a nice Rioja.
        ents, since BBC is just showing pish* all night, is montalbano on iPlayer.

the Basel Bible Basher's trolling me again. are so called 'Moderators' supposed to do that??
        anyway, - feck 'im

*noncy dancing and talent free 'talent' shows.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

HWMBO made a selection of Vietnamese dishes for dinner. Very delicious. No left overs.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In the Chinese
                Very nice, as ever

And I set out about twenty minutes early and took a fairly long and circuitous route, thereby getting the green ring closed too

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Entertainment: the rest of "The Five Doctors(1983)".

"Surviving the stone age" on 4 at 19:10 (assuming the news doesn't run on).

followed by "Britain's most historic towns" on 4 at 20:10 (ditto).
                  (continued): "Along came a spider (2001)" with Morgan "Voice of God" Freeman.

As it transpires I've seen it before, but it was worth watching again, and rather preferable to yesterday's epic "Kiss the Girls".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2020, 23:46.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    (continued): "Along came a spider (2001)" with Morgan "Voice of God" Freeman.

As it transpires I've seen it before, but it was worth watching again, and rather preferable to yesterday's epic "Kiss the Girls".
                    I shall add it to the list

First up here tonight was Open Water (2003), about a couple of tourists who go SCUBA (yes, it's an acronym) diving and get left in the ocean when their tour boat accidentally buggers off without them. A salutary warning to those who think of going to places and doing stuff; two things I have always avoided and, if this film is anything to go by, rightly so

Apparently it was based on a true story so I stuck with that theme and rewatched JFK (1991). However, this rather subverts the true story trope by being based around a conspiracy theory that is, like all conspiracy theories, a load of bollocks. OR IS IT??? Yes, it probably is. Still, it's an entertaining enough *checks watch* three-and-a-half-hours WTF are you kidding me?

And then S4E9 of The Sopranos, Whoever Did This (TV Episode 2002). Trigger warning for, well, Trigger (or a horse at any rate) being burned to death in a stable fire

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dark.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Grey.

Wet.

Sunless.

Sunday.

Warmer at 16.2 deg in here.