• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling bin trundled

Included in the consignment this week is the box the slow cooker originally came in, which it turned out was lurking in among other assorted crap in the bedroom. It's been filled with various bits of Amazon packaging, as they tend to accumulate on the kitchen table until there's enough of them to be worth taking down.

The black bins seem to have either had their contents transferred elsewhere by the landlord, or not been used at all. I'll check in the morning though, as we had a late entry last week

Comment

Very nice roast beef dinner for tea

Comment

Entertainment (continued): part of the commentary on "Diamonds are Forever (1971)".

I found the film rather better than "OHMSS", "Thunderball" and "Never say never again" for some reason.

And after a mere 40 years, diamond lasers are A Thing.

Diamonds Are A Laser's Best Friend -- ScienceDaily.

Next: "Am Dro" on S4C, apparently it's a walk around parts of Wales including Gower Yng Nghymraeg so I'll have to turn the subtitles on.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2020, 22:43.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Next: "Am Dro" on S4C, apparently it's a walk around parts of Wales including Gower Yng Nghymraeg so I'll have to turn the subtitles on.
            One sometimes wonders if this thing of pretending to have a different language just to annoy the English has gone too far

Tonight's main viewing here was S1E8 of Life on Mars (TV Episode 2006) , being the final episode of that S

It's a pretty entertaining show all in all, if you're able to tune out the occasional UPVC windows and so on. Also, this episode ended with a shot of their car driving away while a grotty council tower block loomed in the middle distance; but of course it looked like the rundown pile of crap they look like now, whereas in 1973 it would still have looked in pretty good nick, at least from a distance

Anyway, let's hope S2 is as good.

Early night now ahead of tomorrow's exciting Day of Bins

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry (as in not currently raining).

Dark (as in waiting for the sun to rise).

Damp.

Dank.

Indeterminate sky colour*.

Calm.

Warmish at 16 deg in here.

1008 mBar and 67% RH.

Friday.

Maybe I'll have a roof with "slates" by teatime.

There.

That's witched it.

The "Am Dro" thing was odd, a competition between 4 people involving walks around their respective local areas for a prize of £1k.

Amusing enough.

*Apparently CBS.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 November 2020, 07:46.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning.

The blue skies have turned to grey...

...but it's Friday.

Happy Friday!
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

There was a bit of blue sky earlier but the clouds have had that away and there was a spot or two of rain.

Too many meetings for a Friday.

First coffee had.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, albeit only 8°C, though I think there's been rain overnight. Didn't bother me though: I had the best night's sleep I've had this week

Still not 100% after whatever mild disorder was afflicting me, but I'm hoping that's done with for now.

Today I would, in a normal year, have been in Brighton for ffconf (all lowercase). But for obvious reasons, that's not happening this time around

Comment

Working...
                      X