• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with sesame bloomer toast

It's cleared up some more outside and is now moderately sunny, but it seems that the current 8°C is the best we're going to get, despite 12° having been optimistically forecast earlier

Comment

Blue skies here (in places)

...between the downpours.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lovely afternoon here.

The roofers turned up to install next door's flue chimney thingie.

And I potched about in the garden until they buggered off, whereupon I was out on the scaffolding painting stuff.

If it's fine tomorrow I'll do a 2nd coat but it probably doesn't really need it.

Those pinky clouds are back.

The sun must be going down again.

Gets earlier every day.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More stuff that'll probably end up in the Oxfam recycling bin in the wash

Comment

Tea: the first of the new batch of chilli con carne with rice, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Strewth I didn't stint on the chilli powder in that batch.

Entertainment: more of the commentary on Octopussy.

Powering Britain: Gas on BBC2 at 19:30.

Thing about the incompetence of Bozo at 21:00.

The last part of the plague thing on 5+1 at 22:00.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2020, 17:54.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Some hoovering done.

A glass of Merlot before I have dinner which will be chilli.

Staring at Channel 4 news and noticing Jon Snow's fake bookshelf is rather large.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I made a G&T and HWMBO made a repeat of yesterday's aquavit cocktail (I think it's my new favourite).

He made a classic 1970's starter of prawns and avocado.

I opened a bottle a of nero d'avola.

He's now cooking pork loin in a mustard miso glaze and soy okra with mushrooms. Served with a potato salad made with a sriracha mayo and dill.

Watching an old episode of The Repair Shop but it's one I've not seen before.

Comment

Walk walked, all three rings closed

Very brisk walking this evening, as it's only 3°C out there now. At least I remembered to put a jumper on this time, but it was still a good few minutes going at my fastest walking pace, which is fast, before I felt properly warmed up

Comment

Watching Saving Britain's Pubs

Nice to see people with regional accents.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Footpath inspections again today, usual good luck with weather. Drizzling when I got into van, dry when I arrived at place and sunny within 15 mins. Taken me ages to translate my almost illegible notes, photos and GPX positions into comprehensible spreadsheet.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X