• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Grey day, but dry and a positively baking 12°C

Comment

Afternoon all

Grey but still warmish.

Dog walked, along with picking up some eggs from the small holding along the way that has lots of rescued ex-battery hens now living the free range life.

Shopping done.

Bike prepped for a long but local ride tomorrow. 200km all within 20km of home to keep my Audax RRTY on track.

Time for a sit down with a cuppa before thinking about what to cook for dinner. Could be ribs, could be curry, could be kofte's. Haven't decided yet.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Brake pads changed on Mrs Scruff's Stuttgart Beetle. Brembo battle beaten by bloody-mindedness.

Reward was 500gr beef biltong and a beer. I'm turning into a Bison, bit by bit...

Rugby is good if you are not an Ireland supporter.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I am beginning to suspect the drainage from the shower / utility room is connected to another flat in my building as, once again, I have backflow into the shower tray when my WM drains. When this happened a month or two ago the plumber found tights in the pipe and i couldn't fathom how they got there. However, having now had what looked and smelled like fresh vomit upchuck into the shower tray, I am now thinking I am not the only person using it.
          Yuck! For a few years I was always hearing a loud running noise from my en suite shower whenever it rained. Discovered recently the dip tube was missing. Got a detached fortunately, don't share sewers with anyone.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Time for a sit down with a cuppa before thinking about what to cook for dinner. Could be ribs, could be curry, could be kofte's. Haven't decided yet.
              All of them!

Comment

Just had a couple of raspberry jam doughnuts to tide me over

Comment

The thermostat is properly on the wonk. It keeps reverting to default factory settings

HWMBO may be helping me sort out a Tado set up next time he's down if the landlady doesn't want to do anything about it. Easy to revert back to her broken kit when I eventually move out.

Comment

HWMBO and I took a walk up to the high street for provisions. It was quite busy considering no-one is meant to be out if they don't need to be.

Felt it was rather cheeky that M&S were properly open rather than just the food hall part.

On me revealing that tomorrow is stir up Sunday HWMBO decided he was going to make a big Christmas pudding and essentially empty out my dried fruit stash. I have to feed it brandy until he returns towards the end of December.

Comment

Tea: spag with that very hot bol I made last week, stewed Granny Smith's apples and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Surviving the Stone Age E3 of 3 at 18:45 on 4.

They killed a deer this week.

After the fish of last week.

A clean kill, thankfully.

They didn't do the Brazilian in the stone age.

Britain's most historic towns: Portsmouth: 19:45 on 4.

Now we're off to Portsmouth with Alice Roberts.

Possibly King George VI the accidental king on 5 at 20:45.

In other news, the endless grey has turned black but the endless drizzle is ongoing.

Not helped by the drips off the scaffolding planks resonating on the polycarb of the leanto.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 November 2020, 19:45.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X