• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a rat roaming around the front garden earlier

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

One of UB40's less well-known hits
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Call the landlord asap and request he talks to freeholder/management company.

I've noticed more and more bait boxes on my walks. None look new....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Recycling was emptied.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Call the landlord asap and request he talks to freeholder/management company.

I've noticed more and more bait boxes on my walks. None look new....
            The freeholder is his mum; strictly speaking, he and his sister are the management company

I'll mention it to him, but I'm not even sure it's one of ours. It was towards the road rather than near the house, and was mainly ditzing about by the little railing between our path and next door's. Their garden is a mess since the place was sold the other year, so there's a good chance it was heading back there anyway.

Comment

Watched High Plains Drifter last night. Bit confusing as the marshal that was whipped to death looked like Clint Eastwood. Thought maybe he'd somehow risen from the dead, expect nobody in the town recognised him.

Thought I'd seen it before but it wasn't familiar. Or maybe I'd forgotten. One advantage of being senile, everything is new.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tado is now synced. Turns out I shouldn't have expected the webpage to refresh as it stepped me through the set up procedure. I'm supposed to cancel out of that, and check the devices against my account. Of course.

Now waiting for my drill battery to charge so I can make a hole in the box that surrounds the boiler.

Mounting on the side of that is far more sensible than where the old switching relay was positioned (that one wasn't doubling up as a thermostat so its location was sensible enough for the time).

Comment

A little tale of how well pandemic control measures are going in the northwest.

My Mum was just telling me about a phone call this morning with an old friend of hers up on Merseyside. Another mutual acquaintance, who apparently lived up the street from the house where I was born though of course I don't remember her, has recently picked up coronavirus while she was in hospital; in fact, she was discharged last week and then just after she got home, the hospital phoned to tell her the test she'd had a day or so before had come back positive, so she has to self-isolate for a couple of weeks.

My Mum asked after her, and the friend said that she was feeling very weak and tired, because it really takes it out of you. She then added: "But she was able to go for a walk this morning."

My Mum: "She WHAT?!"

"Yes, she managed to go for a walk; just around the block. And she needed to go the cash machine, and get a few things from the shop."
                  Having thought on this I suspect the logic used here was, "I am on my own, so therefore I am isolating" whilst completely missing the point of what self-isolation actually entails.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Watched High Plains Drifter last night. Bit confusing as the marshal that was whipped to death looked like Clint Eastwood. Thought maybe he'd somehow risen from the dead, expect nobody in the town recognised him.

Thought I'd seen it before but it wasn't familiar. Or maybe I'd forgotten. One advantage of being senile, everything is new.
                    Not Eastwood but Walter Barnes according to

High Plains Drifter (1973) - IMDb

Tea: more (possibly the remainder) of yesterday's roast leg of lamb, stewed Granny Smith's apples with icecream and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.

Entertainment: Dunno yet.

"Why does everyone hate the English" on Blaze at 21:00.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2020, 18:00.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not Eastwood but Walter Barnes
                      A Google. Why didn't I think of that? According to this, the Marshal was an Eastwood stunt double, Buddy Van Horn, so maybe not surprising I thought it was Eastwood.

In praise of High Plains Drifter – Clint Eastwood’s shocking, spiritual western

Darn good film anyway.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X