• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Big walk duly completed. 9km, 10,500 steps. Went to one of my old locals, now permanently closed, just to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Its what I look for in a wife.

Welcome back! Did you come on your bike?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked.

I noted that the flytipped ornaments in the two carparks were removed yesterday.

Most impressed.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          That may be a beneficial side effect, but AFIK it's something about proving that the lights are ready to come on should there be a power failure, or something like that. (Not entirely sure, though.)

Electricians aren't normally geniuses and frequently don't read the instructions so the manufacturers added a red / green (when green LEDs became cheaper) light to show they were charging, if you wire them wrong they look like they work but don't charge the battery.

Then realising there was a battery in there that degrades they started putting self tests and a red flashing led to show a fault, green suggesting they are ok.

Our H&S chap originally used to pop round and check the lights once a month as one should , eventually facilities took over.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Off for a toothpaste inspection soon. Fortunately got permission from a local school to use their car park when I do a remoter area on Sunday. Doubt they'd have wanted a ghastly old Jimmy Saville look alike to park there in the week.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I would never marry a CUK mod. I don't have many standards - but some things are too low even for me.

Not even Cojak? She seems nice....
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Big walk duly completed. 9km, 10,500 steps. Went to one of my old locals, now permanently closed, just to see it.
                If you take smaller steps, you'll reach the 10k daily target* in less distance

*the 10k daily step target being an utterly meaningless made up value
                Watch your step: why the 10,000 daily goal is built on bad science | Health & wellbeing | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Electricians aren't normally geniuses and frequently don't read the instructions so the manufacturers added a red / green (when green LEDs became cheaper) light to show they were charging, if you wire them wrong they look like they work but don't charge the battery.

Then realising there was a battery in there that degrades they started putting self tests and a red flashing led to show a fault, green suggesting they are ok.

Our H&S chap originally used to pop round and check the lights once a month as one should , eventually facilities took over.

Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde had some of those nice self illuminated exit thingies with the tritium backlight. <- don't do this near tritium.

Of course, with a half life of 12 years, they were all but useless by the time I noticed one.

Anyone remember the trimphone?

That had a tritium backlight too.

The ongoing shed renovation has involved moving some ancient metal kitchen cabinet thing that's in there and hasn't moved in half a century or more probably 60 years.

Well it's fecking moved a bit now, revealing another patch that'll need concrete.

I may bugger off down to B&Q and get some more.

This was prompted by the arrival of the scaffolders who busily removed some more bits here and there, then fecked off leaving most of it untouched.

Lunch: Heinz leak & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Thanks to Google maps & its distance thingie I found out that today's walk was 2 miles and 500 feet in elevation, whereas the walk I used to walk was 3.2 miles and the same elevation.

Must buy another pair of boots so I can ignore the mud and return to that.

The boots I bought from Treasure were comfortable, but being Chinese crap only lasted 6 months before splitting.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    ....This was prompted by the arrival of the scaffolders who busily removed some more bits here and there, then fecked off leaving most of it untouched.

I wonder if they're just taking the bits they're short of for another job and are craftily using your house as free storage? Although, I'd have thought those lorries they use are far more efficient and practical.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I wonder if they're just taking the bits they're short of for another job and are craftily using your house as free storage? Although, I'd have thought those lorries they use are far more efficient and practical.
                      Exactly that I suspect.

Not that it's a problem now the dish in the front bedroom can see the skysats again.

Surely reading instructions is for wimps?

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Off for a toothpaste inspection soon. Fortunately got permission from a local school to use their car park when I do a remoter area on Sunday. Doubt they'd have wanted a ghastly old Jimmy Saville look alike to park there in the week.

Toothpase inspection? Que?

Anyway, just avoid saying "Hello Guys and Gals", "Clunk Click Every Trip", and "Let the train take the strain" and you'll be fine.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2020, 12:53.

Comment

Working...
                      X