• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I feel for them, I don't know either...

I've just created a MASSIVE to do list with dates I'll never meet in the time I have....

(Just popping in to say Hello - I needed a breather from the manic hysteria of work...)

Well that's a better start than this PM has managed.

Comment

Surely there is nothing more enjoyable then going into a GANTT chart, adding newly discovered dependency and watching the entire project plan blow up.

And then passing it back to the PM to fix.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I feel for them, I don't know either...

I've just created a MASSIVE to do list with dates I'll never meet in the time I have....

(Just popping in to say Hello - I needed a breather from the manic hysteria of work...)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Need to pop out the back and make sure the gate's open for the bins once I've had coffee.
          Back popped out to, gate opened. And while there, I realised that some recycling bins emptied last week were still out on the side road, having not been brought in yet by their keepers. So I collared us a decent unnumbered one and brought it in

And as the general waste bins are empty apart from a solitary half-full black bag (presumably deposited this morning, as the landlord did his thing of shifting stuff to the neighbours' bins again on Wednesday and they were empty when I checked last night) I'm not bothering to do anything with them. So that's any responsibility I may have unwittingly accepted for bin-related matters fully discharged for another week!

Comment

Well, I'm having an absolute pig of a day. None of my office applications are working. None. **** you Microsoft. **** you.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Possible boom......

Been offered a crap rate inside role, but it sounds a really interesting role, I am interviewing for a more mundane role on Monday, also inside but for a much higher rate.

Weekend of thinking is needed
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sharp twinge from the stomach and some low-key rumbling, suggests this is one of those rare days when it objects to not receiving any breakfast (other than coffee). So I've had an early lunch of a roast beef bap (wholemeal), and very nice it was

Comment

Scaffolding gone.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts into the WM.

Walk walked while the machines did their thing.

Gloriously sunny morning though cold and brisk.

Three chem trails present above, rather a surprise in these benighted times.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich (open) on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea. <- that'll be in a minute, I like to savour the anticipation a bit, and the sun isn't quite over the yard arm yet.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Possible boom......

Been offered a crap rate inside role, but it sounds a really interesting role, I am interviewing for a more mundane role on Monday, also inside but for a much higher rate.

Weekend of thinking is needed
                    As with all roles - what other opportunities does it offer / open up after doing it for x months.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Big walk done (not as big as yesterday), and while it was raining when we went out, it’s now blue skies.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X