• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirts out of the TD and roughly ironed
    I don't bother to iron things anymore. Wrinkled clothes suit my complexion.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I don't bother to iron things anymore. Wrinkled clothes suit my complexion.
      I give things a good, firm shake on extraction from the WM and out them straight onto hangers for drying. That seems to deal with the worst of any creasing. That and I try to choose fabrics that don't crease too easily

Comment

I very rarely iron things, but occasionally I'll do something. I don't recall having used the iron this year, though

It's already down to 4°C out, according to whatever tells the weather app things. But my back, which was playing up but has been improving this week, seems to benefit more from my going for a walk than from the exercise bike, so I'm going for a walk

Comment

Just heard The Wife (tm) on a conference call say that she heard me just pop a cork on Friday Fizz. She repeated it a little louder to make sure I heard.

Must obey The Wife (tm)

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I give things a good, firm shake on extraction
            yeh, me too

Comment

Walk walked; didn't need to go so far today as my several trips up and down related to bins had generously been recorded as exercise by the watch, but it still got me to green ring closed

The alternative route I took led me past the chip shop that I generally regard as Not That Good, but looking in, it did occur to me that I've only ever gone there later in the evening, when stuff has been sitting around. At this time of the evening it's very busy and the rapid turnover means stuff would probably be in better nick. I must give it a teatime visit one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight's viewing-whilst-eating was Powering Britain: Gas. Turns out I should have watched the Wind one instead as that expires tomorrow evening, so I'll have to try to remember to watch it before 8pm
                Turns out I checked that after midnight, so the "tomorrow" in question is Saturday and I don't need to watch it before 8pm tonight

It'd help if the programmes had episode numbers. iPlayer seems to display them in an arbitrary order, which means I've watched the biomass and gas ones, which appear to have been episodes two and three, but are separated by two weeks in their expiration dates, while one and two are separated by a week, as are three and four. And all of them show a "First shown" date of 20th August at 7:30pm, which implies they ran them all simultaneously

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Tea (once I've recovered from the day's exertions): non chunky Tesco breaded haddock, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                  And so it transpired.

Entertainment: more of "The Sting (1973)", the film that launched Scott Joplin despite him being dead.

Walking Britain's lost railways on 5 at 20:00.

Something about The Ghan on ITV+1 at 21:00 (Griff's Australian Adventure, the Ghan is a train).

More of "The Sting (1973)".

Any or all of the above may or may not transpire as the fancy takes me.

Not forgetting the last part of "Decision at Sundown (1957)" with Old Stoneface himself.

I dunno why I like Randolph Scott films but I do, and this one is a Budd Boetticher film so that's double plus.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 November 2020, 19:25.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TOTP 1990 was tulip.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Rave from the grave on Talking Pictures: "Out (1978)" with Tom Bell.

Feck me it's a looooong time since I watched that.

The Griff Rhys Jones thing was amusing enough, & the preceding Lost British Railway lines thing was inneresting too, the Barnstaple to Lynton narrow gauge line being half of it.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X