• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was much dim sum and other things

Ents was Train to Busan (2016) - IMDb an excellent fillum that has been on the list for a while. The best and worst of humanity in under 2 hours.

Now I'm inflicting Tremors (1990) - IMDb on HWMBO for a larf. Oh how young Kevin Bacon looks
    Last edited by ladymuck; 27 November 2020, 22:26.

Comment

For some odd reason I've got the box set of Tremors.

I have no idea why.

Then again, I'm currently watching some Septic lady called Megan Fox investigating the supernatural powers of Stonehenge, Silbury Hill, and Avebury.

Or not as the case may be.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been the remaining appendages of the Big Chicken, reheated in the oven, with chips and lashings of ketchup

The remainder of the fowl is now ready for soup making; chicken and barley this time, I reckon

Comment

By the by: this time ten years ago, I was experiencing the early symptoms of my first heart attack

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            For some odd reason I've got the box set of Tremors.

I have no idea why.

Then again, I'm currently watching some Septic lady called Megan Fox investigating the supernatural powers of Stonehenge, Silbury Hill, and Avebury.

Or not as the case may be.
            I like the Tremors films. Much silliness.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I like the Tremors films. Much silliness.
              I think I've only seen the first one, but I like it; I was thinking of rewatching it the other night

But tonight's first rewatch here was The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015), which is all well and good for what it is, but it's something of a triumph of style over substance. Maybe the original 1960s TV series was the same; I know I liked it, but I was only about six or seven at the time and still liked Andy Pandy, so my critical faculties were clearly limited. Anyway, it's obviously set up for a sequel at the end and AFAIK the sequel never happened, so maybe the Hollywood moguls agree that it wasn't worth taking the concept any further

My guess was only 142 below the MPAA number though, so that's something and nothing.

And after that, Zero Dark Thirty (2012), one of those "based on" things where you suspect it's largely made up of whole cloth and just happens to map onto the same timescale as IRL. Then again, a lot of criticism directed against its veracity seemed to be along the lines of "the US Government wouldn't do such terrible things", which tends to imply that it's all very true and the US Government just doesn't like people knowing that. I assume they did, but not exactly as depicted, which gives them the space into which to squeeze their denials

And finally S5E4 of The Sopranos, All Happy Families (TV Episode 2004).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all (if all there be)

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Dire.

Warmer at 14.6 deg in here.

Grey.

Sunless.

Saturday.

1014 mBar and 63% RH ( I'm drying up).

In other news

Dreadful night's "sleep", dozing since 05:25 and the Shipping Forecast.

Vastly amused by continuity getting it wrong at 06:30ish by expecting the weather forecast rather than Farming Today.

^^^ "Open Channel D".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2020, 09:05.

Comment

Mmm. The bottle of Louis Latour that we drank to celebrate my birthday has had a greater effect than anticipated... strange how sometimes that less is more, when it comes to the that?

Don't mention the bluefin, which was the main meal comestible.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I am knacking ****ered.

Comment

Got sent this by an old uni. mate this morning. Goon Show. Suitable for ancient old farts only.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X