• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's dry but overcast, reasonably bright out. Weather app says it's 9 degrees and hazy with forecast high of 11. The sun may poke its nose out around lunch time. Low chance of rain. Barometer has dropped to 1017 mBar. The tado is reporting the following humidities: office - 52%, living room - 52%, bedroom - 48%.

Congee for breakfast, as it was delivered along with last night's dim sum especially so I could have it today. Not sure it goes all that well with coffee.

Smalls and shirts in the WM.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked without precipitation.

Even heard a chem trail passing overhead above the grey grey clouds.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Swiss First Class companion sale prices are looking good. Book by the end of December which gives me plenty of time to figure out the where and the when. I'm thinking September / October time will be good for a getaway.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and a bit drizzly, but at least it's raised the temperature a bit, to 8°C

I've asked my Mum to send me her recipes for a particular stuffing I like and for the turkey soup she makes on Boxing Day, as Christmas may be cancelled but that's no reason not to pig out when The Day Formerly Known As arrives

Comment

Vac run over the bits of floor I can see without moving too much stuff.

Taking five minutes now before I can summon up the energy to put back stuff I did move.

Comment

Zoom call with the Kiwis at 8:30 tomorrow morning, so this is advance notice that I'll be getting an early night

Comment

Police have applied to take away the licence of a bar up the road. Apparently this is related to the fact that they recently discovered that while it's been closed during lockdown, it had been repurposed as a cannabis farm

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Vac run over the bits of floor I can see without moving too much stuff.

Taking five minutes now before I can summon up the energy to put back stuff I did move.
                    In fact, so energetic did I become that I've moved stuff that hasn't moved in 8 months or more and rearranged the audio system a bit, along with the Lidl(tm) battery chargers and the Halfords(tm) drill battery chargers and the slightly defunct computer audio thingie* that's been keeping the whole lot up since Xmas or so.

Then I vacced where it had been and dusted a bit.

I did look at the tv setup but that's not been moved for years, but the wiring is remarkable in its complexity & I really really can't be arsed though there's at least one VCR that's 90% fecked & now only operates as a modulator for a sat receiver.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Police have applied to take away the licence of a bar up the road. Apparently this is related to the fact that they recently discovered that while it's been closed during lockdown, it had been repurposed as a cannabis farm

Could have been worse:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2020, 15:14.

Comment

Afternoon

After a foggy start today's high was 12 degrees.

I had to go get a parcel from Next.

They had put a desk blocking one of the doorways with a couple plastic screens on it. You then said your parcel number to the shop assistant, who would wander of into the store and find it.

Now doing very little.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X