• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 5 degrees (allegedly foggy) with a forecast high of 10 later. Chance of rain this afternoon. Barometer steady at 2015 mBar. Average interior humidity 46%.

First coffee being drunk.

Tired

Comment

Morning all
      Murky out, can just about see half way down the garden.

The Wife (tm) was up at 5.30am today for a meeting inside the M25 that started at 7.30, related to that virus thing some of you may have heard about. The last update on the meeting was sent out at 11.30pm yesterday which led to a lot of "f***ing" for an hour or so.
      ...oh, that doesn't sound quite right.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreary.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

14.7 deg in here.

1016 mBar and 64% RH.

Monday.

The telex machine is shining particularly brightly this sunless morn.

Very strange dreams again.

Inneresting that the dreaming brain worked out that the lack of a season ticket for the railway journey to Swansea would require the purchase of a new ticket.

Feck me that was odd.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

I've twinged my back doing some gardening yesterday.

That'll teach me for working outside.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning.

Foggy.

Apparently the entire day is going to be grey.

High of 10 degrees currently 6 degrees and spitting.

Why do workmen block the footpath off with a sign that it is closed and to use the other footpath at points you can't cross the road due to heavy flow of traffic meaning it is "safer" to walk in traffic?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Trying to do summit about reclaiming lost footpaths. Been scanning some docs my local councillor lent me to see what's involved. OCR in OneNote 2016 is really brilliant, translates to text almost perfectly.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Morning.

I've twinged my back doing some gardening yesterday.

That'll teach me for working outside.
                Most recently I did my back in using a riddle to sift stones out of some soil.

That taught me a lesson.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Why do workmen block the footpath off with a sign that it is closed and to use the other footpath at points you can't cross the road due to heavy flow of traffic meaning it is "safer" to walk in traffic?
                They go to a special skool to learn the skill.

Comment

Just having a fresh baked croissant with jam and my third coffee of the morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a refreshing night's sleep; I have a vague feeling there might have been some dreams here and there but can't remember any details, which suggests they weren't unsettling at least

Grey out, 8°C and looking damp, probably from fog or dew as it hasn't rained yet; likely to this afternoon though

And to add to the fun, the weather app has put up the snowflake ❄︎ for Friday and Saturday

Comment

Walk walked in the grey misty gloom.

Nice enough & dry, which was even betterer.

The mangoes were whispering "eat me, eat me" so I ate one and it was Very Nice, right on the edge of being overripe.

Lunch, in a few moments, once the sun (should there be such a thing) is over the yardarm, is to be: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust, thick), bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And once that's done with, it'll be time for a little more concreting in the tin shed.

Dunno if I've got enough concrete but time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X