• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was the remains of last week's lentil soup
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

While trying to fix The Wife (tm)'s computer

Comment

Still sunny out

Comment

washing on the line, drying

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Still sunny out

Vaguely pleasing number

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              washing on the line, drying

Comment

Another, brisker, walk to the post box to drop off the card I forgot this morning.

Still dry, no wind. Bloomin' chilly.

Comment

Walk duly walked.

Getting chilly out.

Comment

Exercise not yet taken, but it's already down to 4°C out there, so I think the exercise bike might be preferable

Comment

entertainmentGosh. The mixed material circular saw blade I bought last week cuts corrugated sheeting like nobody's business.

A lot faster than the angle grinder.

I was quite impressed.

Tea: Tesco breaded non chunky haddock, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: another Man from Uncle film, assuming I can stand it.

"The Karate Killers (1967)" with Joan Crawford, Herbert Lom, Telly Savalas, Curd Jurgens, Kim Derby, Terry Thomas.

And it's still crap.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday.

The Dambusters part 1 on 5, unfortunately Dan fecking Snow.

And it is suffering from Mr Snow.

I think it's cooked its goose, I won't be watched the next 2.

Engineering Mistakes on Quest at 22:00.

Baltimore sewer problem.

Some nutjob Italian count who tried to build Las Vega in north Italy & instead induced landslides.

Blowing the top off a hill with explosives probably didn't help a lot either.

Irish housing estate problem: houses built on piles driven down to the bedrock through peat.

Roads around houses just built on the peat: result: houses stay where they are while the roadway is now a couple of feet lower.

Ooops.

Irish railway bridge collapse that fortunately didn't kill anyone since the driver spotted chunks of bridge falling into the water as he drover the train over said bridge.

Lack of maintenance due to Them Wot Know being moved to other jobs, whilst Them Wot Don't Know being tasked with keeping an eye on the thing.

Just as well the train driver was alert or it could have been nasty, very.

Packed train seconds from disaster in bridge collapse - Independent.ie

Scour revealed as cause of Irish bridge collapse - New Civil Engineer

The bridge had been given the all-clear by engineers after a warning from a member of the public just days before part of it fell into the sea.
                      Not in the above prog, what happens when you try to build a windfarm on a bog:

The Meenbog peat slide in the Republic of Ireland - The Landslide Blog - AGU Blogosphere

It doesn't end well.

Same thing happened in 2005.

That didn't end well either.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 December 2020, 14:35.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X