• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dark.

Grey sky verging on black.

Wet.

Dank.

Damp.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Sunless.

Colder at 14.4 deg in here.

991 mBar and 63% RH.

Thursday.

<hiatus>

It's down to 988 mBar now at 10:00.

On the RH front, the dehumidifier in the front room has died.

I'll have to replace it with one from the garage, assuming that no rats have taken up residence in said dehumidifier.

<hiatus during which the car went for an MOT>

Walked back home & checked on line to find it had already passed.

Got wet.

Walked back down via the bank, paid card off, walked more.

Had phonecall saying it was ready for collection about 10 minutes before I got there.

Drove it back.

Lunch: Pea & Ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, the dehumidifier sprang back into life after a bit of a rest.

<hiatus>

982 mBar at the moment, 15:00, it's been dropping like a stone.

981 mBar now at 16:34.

<walking down to the surgery & back hiatus>

Duly flu vaccined and pneumonia vaccine thrown in for good measure.

It's rather cold out there now it's a clear sky.

Tea: chilli con carne and rice, random yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The last of the Man from Uncle "films","How to Steal the World (1968)" apparently made from the final two eps of the entire series.

Vaguely amusiing in its way, especially the bit where Solo goes climbing over the same rocks as the Wig Wearing War Criminal fought that GAL a few years earlier.

Might watch Andrew Marr's "New Elizabethans"

Interesting enough.

Possibly "The Dam Busters" on 5+1 if I can bring myself to tolerate Dan fecking Snow again.

Brave men.

I couldn't have done that.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 December 2020, 22:31.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping delivered. A delivery slot of 6am-8am is 8sm-8.20am I see.

Just cleaning some floors.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I still have the lights on. Mmmm.

Dark, grey and it's raining.

High of 7 degrees and tonight's low is 5 degrees.

Comment

JVT talking on BBC Breakfast.

His glasses look dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You aren't suppose to tell us this.

I can tell you why, though.
            As part of the MVP, the options were to choose somewhere with good transport links, or somewhere that had good storage facilities nearby.
            Epsom Downs does not have good public transport links, neither are the roads around it particularly great. But the decision became more clear-cut on Tuesday morning.
            Less than 5 miles from the racecourse is probably the best storage facility for the vaccine at Walton Oaks

(US Label)

Now, the fun/scary bit is that while most of the time it will be delivered by medical professionals, during the 15 minute monitoring period if you have an adverse reaction it won't be them that look after you, they will be calling on a St John's Ambulance team to do that. This is due to there not being enough PPE for those delivering the vaccine to be able to perform their normal, qualified duties.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh and Morning All

Cold and sleety out.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, drizzly 5°C day out

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  TFBSZ

...this just in... one of the PODs will be Epsom Downs racecourse.
                  They're prepping Leicester Racecourse as a vaccination centre too.

I suspect the reason they're using racecourses is that there isn't enough to go around. So they'll get a few hundred of us at a time in there, herd us on to the track and make us run. First three back get the vaccine, while vets with shotguns humanely finish off the rest behind one of those screens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    They're prepping Leicester Racecourse as a vaccination centre too.

I suspect the reason they're using racecourses is that there isn't enough to go around. So they'll get a few hundred of us at a time in there, herd us on to the track and make us run. First three back get the vaccine, while vets with shotguns humanely finish off the rest behind one of those screens

I wondered if it was to get people lined up in the starting gates, then do them all, release them, those that walk away are free to go, those that aren't get shovelled up and sent off to become dog food.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I wondered if it was to get people lined up in the starting gates, then do them all, release them, those that walk away are free to go, those that aren't get shovelled up and sent off to become dog food.

Not that they are nice open spaces which are out of use and have queuing systems then.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X