• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It was still quite dark when I got up but it's brighter now. Overcast and currently 3 degrees. Forecast high of 6. Currently dry and looks like it will stay that way all day. Cloud cover will keep the frost off. Barometer has dropped further to 966 mBar.

First coffee almost done. First meeting imminent.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 5 December 2020, 09:32. Reason: Misreading of the barometer

Comment

Morning all
      TFIF, etc.

Outside temp not quite 1C, but a pleasant walk was had.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Snowing here
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Snowing here
            It was snowing in the Dales yesterday - there is about 6 inches in Aysgill.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm dreaming of a White Xmas.

Dry.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Hints of sun.

Colder at 13.6 in here.

982 mBar and 64%.

Friday.

Yesterday's jabs have knocked me sideways.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

It started off sunny with a blue sky, then a squall blew in and it rained in a half hearted sort of way.

Snow on the hills further up the valley, there's tidy then boyo.

Didn't get particularly wet.

Interment underway at the cemetery as I passed by on the way up.

Two walkers observed walking around the top pond, other than that it was quiet until halfway down when 3 cars and a tanker went by.

Still raining.

Shirts out of the WM.

Cottons into the WM.

Smalls out of the TD in "36" minutes according to the random number generator.

Sun's out.

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts into the TD.

Cottons ongoing.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (last slice), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Thundersnow causing angst in Edinburgh early this morning according to reports.

<hiatus>

Shirts out of the TD.

Shirts roughly "ironed".

Cottons out of the WM.

Cottons into the TD.

Stone me it's a bit chilly in the salting house today.

Brrrrrrr.

<hiatus>

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the banisters.

Now watching "Trucking Hell" on Paramount.

Tanker with 13k litres of h2so4 turned over on the a1.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock. Tesco one person xmas pud with custard (that boiled over much to my delight), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: More Trucking Hell.

Walking Scotland's Lost Railways.

Griff Rees Jones Australian thing.

Thing about theme music on BBC4.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 December 2020, 22:09.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                It was snowing in the Dales yesterday - there is about 6 inches in Aysgill.
                Also currently snowing in Bainbridge (different Dale so worth reporting) plus Mrs Eek is in the office today so is very excited.

The fact she is mainly in the office because she needs a very big table to sort out her latest quilt wasn't mentioned as she requested permission to go in today.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Grey. Cold

Grey day.

But it's Friday
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Second coffee made. Croissant in the oven.

Comment

2nd coffee consumed along with a couple of slices of toast.

Snowing harder now and starting to settle on cars and lawns. Big fat flakes coming down steadily.

Dog had her breakfast, looked out of the dog flap and retreated back to bed where she steadfastly remains.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X