• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Millenium
    Also: ommmm

Comment

Tonight's first rewatch was the gloriously demented Mad Max: Fury Road (2015). They should make more films like this, in all kinds of settings; I've never seen Downton Abbey but I think it's still safe to say that it would be improved immeasurably by this kind of approach

And then, in accord with the seasonal truce concerning rewatching films I've watched quite recently, another pop at In Time (2011). Still the best explication of the nature of capitalism in any medium

Finally, Appropriate Adult (TV Mini-Series 2011). I know it's a fairly loose dramatisation of one person's part in the affair, but I do think it's pretty evident that Rose West was the evil mastermind in most if not all of the killings she and Fred carried out. Of course, the ones he did before he met her are all on him

I managed to forget the thing about closing the bedroom window and opening the door to let the heat in again tonight, so it was 9°C in here, though it's climbing rapidly now - already up to 12°

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Very impressive moonrise this evening, shining directly down the valley, there's tidy then, boyo, must be about as far north as it gets.

No it's not as it happens.

Who'd have thunk?
        That is North Wales if you believe the assembly.

Independence for North Wales! Maywe overthrow our Southern oppressors.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Links are up
            Awesome set. Many thanks.

I bumped the thread too.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Frosty.

Cold in here at 15.9 deg.

Blue sky.

It'll be sunny in a little while.

1003 mBar, 29.62 inHg, 57% RH.

Wednesday apparently but WTF nose any more?

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the perishing cold.

Still not sunny.

Slightly warmer than it was.

BT busy cutting back trees on the road so I diverted down into the woodland, which proved to be remarkably muddy.

First time I've gone that way in ages, since before The Toe Incident IIRC.

Once I've warmed up a bit it'll be time for Yet More Tinsheddery.

Hope to get the workbench done & dusted today.

<hiatus>

Tinsheddery done for the day.

Workbench now looking workbenchy.

Tea (once I've recovered from the afternoon's exertions): some Lentil <pfffft> soup from the freezer, 20th May according to the date on the container.

That must be the last time I made any.

<hiatus>

The Lentil soup was just about mediocre, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Weatherman Walking" with our Derek, north Pembroke coast path and a bit of Offa's Dyke near Montgomery.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashback: about ageing .

"Clydesdale - saving the greatest horse" on BBC Scotland.

Another advert programme.

Now: Ozzy Osbourne and his nine lives.

How the feck is he still alive.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 December 2020, 22:51.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning all

Cold and frosty start today. Made cleaning up the dog poo on the back lawn a lot quicker though. It's a lot easier to handle when it's frozen solid.

Coffee drunk etc. Compulsory E-learning for client B running (FSA regulatory stuff etc) in the background so I can skip the boring bits and get to the tests at the end without having to sit through long, boring, badly acted "informative video's".

Does mean I can bill for the day though, which is nice.

Lunch will be home made scotch eggs that I prepped last night and have been sitting in the fridge overnight. just got to fire up the fryer in a bit.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bike at the bike shop
                      Been to the Butcher
                      Ribeye burgers back stock

Happy me on this King Billy day
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X