• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sainsbury's have got all of my order except the Big Chicken

To be fair, they didn't seem to have any on the shelves in the runup to Christmas, but I thought that might be because they were making room for turkey stuff. But maybe there's just a Big Chicken shortage at the moment

I deliberately didn't allow substitutions for it as I'd rather do without than end up with one of their inferior discount chickens.

Ah well, I'll risk popping down there in the car towards the weekend and see if they have any, or if there's a viable alternative either there or over the way in M&S

Comment

**** Hermes.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        **** Hermes.

That is all.

Yet your avatar is so happy?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Christmas avatar removed and saved for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yet your avatar is so happy?
            Oh, that is for General. Trying to lift the mood.

I only feel safe showing my true feelings here.

Comment

Fruit for lunch - a big orange and a plum.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                **** Hermes.

That is all.

Ah yes, Hermes. The Greek God of leaving it in a wheelie bin 2 doors down.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Ah yes, Hermes. The Greek God of leaving it in a wheelie bin 2 doors down.
                  With a GPS location delivery snapshot that doesn't match your property.

The last time Hermes screwed up I ended up having to do a chargeback to get my money back

Comment

Lunch: pâté on sesame bloomer toast

It's a good thing I remembered that pâté. It was originally supposed to be a starter on Christmas Day but I didn't feel like it at the time so it lingered in the fridge, and its use-by is tomorrow. Would have been a shame to waste it

And I quickly slung together a barometer app for the iPhone. This seems to confirm that the non-adjusted pressure the other app shows is the raw sensor data from the device, so now I just need to work out how to do the adjustment for altitude above sea level and show the adjusted value too

Comment

Denmark launches children's TV show about man with giant penis | Denmark | The Guardian

Comment

Working...
                      X