• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've reminded me to report that my bins were trundled yesterday evening. They've not been picked up yet which is somewhat getting in the way of a chap who is here to replace a tiled drain cover that had to be chisled out a month or so ago.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Cold. 15.8 deg in here.

Blue sky.

Orange clouds.

1017 mBar, 30 inHg, 53% RH.

Friday.

<hiatus>

It's endless scam calls again.

The first at 06:57.

<oils the AK ready for when he finds out where the scammer lives>

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

No intermediate pitstop required today, though it was a bit rushed on the homeward stretch.

<hiatus>

It's 3.6 deg C in the salting house.

Now considering if it's safe to turn the WM on.

Maybe a bit of fan heating might be appropriate beforehand.

Lunch: poached tomato (the current batch seem very nice) and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust), 2 x bramble jelly sandwches on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, & the sun's out at last.

<hiatus>

The fan heater got the salting house up to 9 deg C and on the WM went.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD to keep the smalls company.

Cottons in the WM on the "shirts" setting upped to 60 deg and pre-ironing turned off.

Lights for the tinshed located*, along with cable for the lights for the tinshed.

*i.e. I found them, they're now sitting on the floor of the kitchen awaiting installation some time tomorrow.

Afternoon entertainment: Sewermen S2 E1 & 2.

And another phonecall from the scamming tossers.

That's the 2nd today from them & the 6th this week, 3 of which before 07:00.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, I found a CD of the simulator software that installs correctly.

So I'll be able to figure out what that 5G guitar thing does.

<hiatus>

Shirts and smalls out of the TD.

Cottons in the TD.

Shirts ironed whilst watching some cop nonsense on Paramount.

Cottons out of the TD.

Entertainment: Susan Calman's Grand Day Out: Devon & Cornwall.

She's driving a camper van of sorts.

Apparently there're no cars in Clovelly.

Now it's a Gnome garden.

Next: The world's most scenic railway journeys: The West Highland Line.

It's not very inneresting.

The Michael Palin version was better back in the long ago day.

They've just been shedding tears over the Navvies building the railway as forgotten heroes.

As if Navvies hadn't built about 99% of the canals and railways with picks and shovels and wheelbarrows before the advent of the JCB.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2021, 21:35.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        You've reminded me to report that my bins were trundled yesterday evening. They've not been picked up yet which is somewhat getting in the way of a chap who is here to replace a tiled drain cover that had to be chisled out a month or so ago.
        Evil witch! Throw her out of tpd! Reporting bin movements late is not acceptable.

I hope HWMBO puts you on the naughty step...

Comment

Hunt for fake vaccine fraudster who injected woman, 92, in Surbiton - BBC News

What a good money making scheme....

Comment

Is it time for century drivel yet?

Comment

STFU Brillo.

Stop polluting every fecking thread with your nonsense.

Are you off your pills again?
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Does anyone else get odd sounds in their house they can't track down? Just before I got up I heard a short ring in the bedroom, the sound wasn't like my phone or any other devices. Then a few times this morning, downstairs and up, hearing a rhythmic tap that gradually fades out. Can't figure where it's coming from, hear nowt outside.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  STFU Brillo.

Stop polluting every fecking thread with your nonsense.

Are you off your pills again?
                  Coming from the person who led tpd in terms of posts for ages that is rich.

Are you menopausal or something?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Does anyone else get odd sounds in their house they can't track down? Just before I got up I heard a short ring in the bedroom, the sound wasn't like my phone or any other devices. Then a few times this morning, downstairs and up, hearing a rhythmic tap that gradually fades out. Can't figure where it's coming from, hear nowt outside.
                    I once had a house with a bleep from one room every minute. We think builders had dropped a device and it was under the floor. And the battery had ran out. No way was I ripping up VERY expensive hard wood floor....

Comment

Some stupid bint on sky news moaning that after her meghanness was nice enough to move to the UK, not everyone embraced her thus forcing her out of the UK!

As if we have to accept being preached it by overrich, overprivelidged, self-indlugent thickos.

Is said stupid bint from Sarf Wales? Typical attitude of those types...

Comment

Working...
                      X