• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Zentury

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Walked up to the high street for bread on discovering that all the bread we had was stale (and none was in the Ocado order). People really don't get about leaving space for passing on the pavement. Or they just mill about the supermarket without any thought.

Quite a few people queuing to get into Decathlon. I doubt any of them have any exercise purchase requirements; they just want something to do.
      People are very inconsiderate.

The other day while limping on the prom I saw a dog doing a poo. The owner was on their phone - his partner was filming their child. I kept walking and looking back - but I was not going to hang around to see if they cleaned it up. When I walked back past 20 minutes later(I go to the pier and back) the poo was still there.

Such people should not be allowed dogs. Or children. And should be made to eat the dog poo if they can't clean it up.

In fact I think they should be made to read the daily mail. Actually thats too far...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        No telly tonight apart from a bit of Police Interceptors during dinner

Goodnight all
        Baby bp used to watch that. He used to go to his mummy and say "The police just stopped a car and found some herouana". Good to see the police are cracking down on that....

Comment

Support team switched redis servers. So I had to update local config to do my web dev.

Comment

Painkillers kicking in now. So I am going for a limp.

2 weeks today until I see Dr Sawbones. Hopefully I can get hip replacement very soon.

Though a brain replacement would be better.

If you had a brain replacement who would it be with? I think I would choose Trump as he has no concept that anything exists outside of his mind and he is clearly deleriously happy....

Comment

Morning all

It's bright-ish, cloudy, dry this morning. Currently a whopping 6 degrees and it looks like it's going to wobble between 6 and 7 and maybe reach 8 later. The sun may make an appearance before the cloud reasserts its authority by producing some rain later on. Just a light shower by the looks of things. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Bored of feeling ill. It's been a week so today may be the day I phone the doctor. Maybe.

Today's Kantar diary fact:
              American aviator Amelia Earhart departs Hawaii on a solo flight to North America 1935

EDIT: first coffee done, need another. Thank goodness I don't have any meetings until 10am

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmer at 15.5 deg in here.

1019.5 mBar, 30.1 inHg, 55% RH.

Telex machine glowing gently in the visible spectrum.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the grey drizzle.

Too muddy to bother with the longer walk, plus There Were People.

Interment underway at the cemetery as I passed by.

Some distancing observed, but not overmuch.

<hiatus>

Ongoing potching tinsheddery ongoing.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt, dark red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Morning entertainment whilst ongoing potching ongoing:

BBC Radio 4 - How to Vaccinate the World, The Second Dose

Inneresting enough it I hadn't been potching.

In other news, it looks like the overindulgence in chocolate has made me fatter & induced some zits.

<hiatus>

More tinsheddery potching, 3 x 120W floodlights installed over the bench, the grinder, the drill, and the guillotine.

One of the floodlights was obviously a chinese special designed to irritate the west, since the screw to hold the front glass in place refused point blank to go back in, which led to much swearing, blaspheming, and slight irritation.

So I bodged the bastard thing and left it as it was.

Then discovered that for unknown reasons I have two drill vices, identical, both from Lidl(tm).

Then again, ferreting about in the cupboard revealed an astonishing number of spanners of various kinds, and yet more twist drills.

It's just as well I haven't been to Lidl(tm) in 9 months.

Afternoon entertainment: Sewermen S2 E4 & 5.

Tea: more of the roast lamb, some random yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: STOS S2 E21 "Patterns of Force", a rare opportunity to see the Wig Wearing War Criminall in a Nazi uniform along with Spock & Bones.

Enterprise S1 E1: wherein "Oh Boy" is never uttered.

I think one of the few eps of that which I enjoyed was "Carbon Creek" S2 E2.

Now: "History Cold Case: Ipswich Man", being about the skeleton of an African man found in the graveyard of a monastery.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2021, 21:29.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

The sun rose.

Then the sky when grey.

Feels warmer than yesterday and roads much quieter than yesterday.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning

grey
                    King Billy
                    Monday
                    meh.

Comment

Weather Report - 8:30

They were the band who first popularised "Black Friday".

Not a Happy Monday, since the Strangelove telex machine is glowing in the corner. I always get worried about Cherenkov Radiation, if visible.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X