• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Roll on last eye test and the new young optician decided that all her more experienced colleagues were wrong and I was in denial about what I could see. (In reality she was pissed she couldn't sell be stuff.)
    Yes, that does seem to annoy them. I had my eyes tested at Boots the other year, and they were very put out when I just wanted the prescription, which I took to the optical lab up the road where I got new glasses for a third of the price

The lab now does eye tests too, so Boots doesn't even get to charge a fee for that

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been Bron/Broen S2E9. Just when you thought it was safe…

Still raining a lot, but then again that means it won't get too cold tonight. Tomorrow night is forecast to be dry, but a lot chillier as a result. Can't win

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Much rain overnight. This morning it's damp and dull but no active precipitation at present. It's 9 degrees at the moment and that's the high. It will progressively get colder as the clouds clear later and the sun comes out. Rain expected this morning up to lunchtime. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Coffee being drunk.

Dentist this afternoon.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Missy Elliot becomes the first female rapper to be inducted into the 'Songwriter's Hall of Fame' 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Much rain overnight. This morning it's damp and dull but no active precipitation at present. It's 9 degrees at the moment and that's the high. It will progressively get colder as the clouds clear later and the sun comes out. Rain expected this morning up to lunchtime. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Coffee being drunk.

Dentist this afternoon.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Missy Elliot becomes the first female rapper to be inducted into the 'Songwriter's Hall of Fame' 2019
            2:30? Tooth-hurty?

Okay, forget it...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              2:30? Tooth-hurty?

Okay, forget it...
              Sadly not - 4pm

Comment

You may all be aware that in September a certain tax adviser had a breakdown. I knew said person well. I have received abusibe PMs from CUK. And abusive posts on other boards.

Of course no one considered that he mighrt actually have left me in the poo - let alone some of my friends.

Four months later I am only just starting getting myself out of said poo.

I will never recommend anything to anyone again. And my fight against HMRC is over.

At least when I was in f4j people tried to help each other. In the fight against HMRC no-one seems concerned about anything other than themself.

Why are contractors such a bunch of selfish f**kers?

One exemption - NLUK. Interesting how his online persona is quite terse - yet he has helped me ENORMOUSLY starting to dig myself out of the poo. A true superstar.

Comment

Morning (though it's dark enough to be night).

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Wet.

Grey.

Warmer at 16.6 deg in here.

1012 mBar, 29.88 inHg, 54% RH.

Tuesday according to reports, the veracity of which may be doubtful.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the grey warm sunless gloom.

It didn't even drizzle on me.

The zit on my clavicle seems to be resisting the TCP, alcohol and other unguents I'm blessing it with.

<hiatus>

Zit news: it came to a head & burst.

House received a perfunctory vaccing.

3 bags of ancient birthday cards burned, 2 bags of non recyclable detritus similarly burned.

Tea: Tesco breaded chunky haddock, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD:

Enterprise S1 E2, being the 2nd part of "Broken Bow". It was ok in its way.

Carol Vorderman: Closer to Home: 2nd ep of the said lady's trip back home. Vaguely inneresting.

History Cold Case: The Mummified Child: wherein they investigate the mummified child from the Victorian era, presumably a pauper or orphan.

America in Color: 1940s. Don't those battleships in Pearl Harbour look more spectacular in color?

Trinity is quite impressive too.

In other news, the tarp on next door's shed roof has failed & it's leaking again.

I'd hoped it might last the winter, but no luck there then.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  B&M 5m x 4m tarp duly purchased along with No More Nails.

Fitted, glued down, and nailed under the eaves.

We shall see how effective it is & how long it lasts.
                  3 months almost to the day.

That was £15 down the drain then.

Though I suppose 3 months isn't bad, considering.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 January 2021, 22:50.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    You may all be aware that in September a certain tax adviser had a breakdown. I knew said person well. I have received abusibe PMs from CUK. And abusive posts on other boards.

Of course no one considered that he mighrt actually have left me in the poo - let alone some of my friends.

Four months later I am only just starting getting myself out of said poo.

I will never recommend anything to anyone again. And my fight against HMRC is over.

At least when I was in f4j people tried to help each other. In the fight against HMRC no-one seems concerned about anything other than themself.

Why are contractors such a bunch of selfish f**kers?

One exemption - NLUK. Interesting how his online persona is quite terse - yet he has helped me ENORMOUSLY starting to dig myself out of the poo. A true superstar.

NLUK is a good chap, doesn't suffer fools but very helpful.

Glad you're on your way out of said poo.

Comment

It was "3 a.m. Eternal" this morning. KLF gonna rock you...

@BrilloPad You hang out with Gladiators, what do you expect?
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X