• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of minor substitutions on tonight's Sainsbury's delivery. Thing is, one of them was something I was going to order anyway, in addition to the thing it substitutes for, but it didn't appear on their website so I assumed it was out of stock. Turns out the one that was on there is out of stock and the one that wasn't, isn't

Comment

My new laptop has arrived and the keyboard is the same set up as Dell's.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of sausage rolls

They're from that Scottish butcher, added to the food parcel my mother got me for Christmas to take it up to the amount necessary for free delivery, and I have to say they're exceptionally nice

And it means a little more space now free in the freezer

Comment

Lunch was carrot soup much earlier in the afternoon.

It is nearly dinner time!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had some boozy fruit cake (is there any other kind?) and a coffee around 5pm.

HWMBO is doing the orientation bit of his course and I have let him take over my office for this afternoon through to Sunday lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Lunch was carrot soup much earlier in the afternoon.

It is nearly dinner time!
              Got to get my Big Chicken on soon

The Scotch broth has been divvied up and is cooling ready for the fridge. And I'll make the scouse in the InstantPot™ while the chicken is roasting.

And Sainsbury's are still scheduled between 22:30 and 23:30, though on past experience they're usually early for late evening slots.

Comment

Bit of a odd question but I’m thinking of growing chillis this year.

Any recommendations on the type of chilli I should be looking at? I’m perusing seed websites at the mo.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Any recommendations on the type of chilli I should be looking at? I’m perusing seed websites at the mo.
                  I had some success with Scotch Bonnets last year, but i'd suggest three or four varieties, depending on your appetite for heat, really.
                  Some of them will blow your pants off.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I'd recommend avoiding the Guatemalan Insanity Peppers.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X