• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major movie premiere was National Treasure (2004) which was pretty good actually; pure hokum, but none the worse for that

And then a rewatch of Molly's Game (2017), which is also good, and made me think I should re-read her book some time.

And then some more of The Americans because I'd forgotten to close the bedroom window again so I had let it warm up: S1E3 Gregory (TV Episode 2013) and S1E4 In Control (TV Episode 2013)

Goodnight all
    Last edited by NickFitz; 17 January 2021, 06:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Watched Have I Got News for You 30 year look back over the programme from its inception. Very entertaining stuff.
      Superb watch.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Does he? Mind you we threw ours back to Leeds a fortnight ago (before it all went pear-shaped).
        Yes.

Comment

WEnt for a bath last night. I heard someone come in the house. Next I heard loads of screaming! Dashed out in bath robe. MrsBP cllapse - at bottom of stairs seemingly not breathing. As I was on phone for ambulance she came round.

Couple of bangs on head. Upper back hurts. Shoulder hurts.

Waited 70 minutes for ambulance then cancelled it. She seemed fine.

Friends are repairing a chair and had dropped it off. MrsBP went upstairs to get something - probably went up too fast. Fell down about 4/5 steps.

I am now going to designate her a dalek and keep her away from stairs.....

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Not raining.

Sunny.

16.4 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 inHg, 55% RH.

Sunday judging by the crap emitted by the wireless.

<hiatus>

Tesco & Morrisons visited for the Sunday shopping trip.

Commestibles duly washed, dried, and put away.

Walk walked in the overarching greyness.

Lunch: roast bit of dead animal Ginsters Vegan Moroccan pasty, Heinz tomato soup with a hit of chilli with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, red nonpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Curious dreams: last night's epic was about writing a subroutine in FORTRAN that controlled the cursor position on the Hazeltine 2000 vdu.

Very odd indeed.

Especially since I did that about 35 years ago.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            This evening's entertainment began with "The Stranger wore a Gun(1953)" with Randoph Scott.

The Stranger Wore a Gun (1953) - IMDb

I have no idea why I like Randolph Scott but I do. Old Stoneface was in some good films in his day.

Gosh.

I only caught the last 15 minutes and the chap who looked a bit like Ernie Borgnine was, in fact, Mr Borgnine.

Lee Marvin was in there somewhere but I didn't spot him, probably killed by Our Hero a bit earlier.
            The chance to watch the rest of the above epic on Sony Action Movies occurs this evening at 19:15.

Followed by The Oak Island nutjobbery at 21:00 on Blaze.

Which is the more exciting, a 68 year old Randolph Scott epic or the nutjobbery. YMMV.

Old Stone Face did his thing quuite successfully.

Turns out it's one of the early 1950s era 3D films, as one might suspect from all the stuff that's thrown at the camera.

Now on to the nutjobbery:

The 8 foot can is down at 80 feet or so.

Gary is in the swamp finding more bits of iron, it's a cribbing spike, like the ones they found in Smith's cove.

Coming up, after the break: they Find More Wood. Shocked.

Ooooo, it's hand hewn wood at that.

Gary want's to see treasure.

Oh well, it's better to live in hope than die in despair.

Well feck a duck, there's More Wood.

Originally posted by Gary
            Well look at the size of that
            about yet another Chunk Of Wood.

Gary finds a needle in the clay.

Next day it's off to see the blacksmith guy at the Ross museum.

Who reckons one of the items from the swamp is a marlin spike, the other being the tine of a fork.

No idea what the needle thing is, other than it could be part of a booby trap.

?punji stick?

Down at 150 feet, No Wood, Lots Of Clay, no metal.

Meanwhile at the washtable they find a bit of iron, an iron hinge, possibly from a chest, a treasure chest.

And that's that for the current borehole 8A, it's bringing up water and nothing much else.

And next week: a new borehole: they find Yet More Wood, and a digging tool.

The excitement is palpable.

Not.

Next up: The WWWC waffling on about Oak Island nutjobbery.

To be fair, the WWWC's waffling is probably more inneresting than Yet More Wood.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 January 2021, 22:16.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
              CBSwFB in shiny sarf herts.
              Sunday

Comment

Darn it, missed out on a legal excuse to go to the beach. Got an email from the police search team about a search for a missing man, but didn't read it until too late. Hard to get ready and travel 28 miles in 30 mins.

PS And me little van is knackered anyway!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  It's 3 episodes. I will have to watch it tomorrow...
                  Oh! That's excellent news, I thought it was a one-parter.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    No it isn't they shoved the 2020 and 2019 Christmas additions into the iPlayer promotion....
                    Oh. Another mini adventure

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      WEnt for a bath last night. I heard someone come in the house. Next I heard loads of screaming! Dashed out in bath robe. MrsBP cllapse - at bottom of stairs seemingly not breathing. As I was on phone for ambulance she came round.

Couple of bangs on head. Upper back hurts. Shoulder hurts.

Waited 70 minutes for ambulance then cancelled it. She seemed fine.

Friends are repairing a chair and had dropped it off. MrsBP went upstairs to get something - probably went up too fast. Fell down about 4/5 steps.

I am now going to designate her a dalek and keep her away from stairs.....
                      Oh my goodness! Do keep a close eye on her - dizziness, nausea etc are all bad signs after a bump on the head.

Hope she recovers soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X