• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning

As I've started three posts in a row with Oh, I was trying to think of a way to follow with 'it's tragic' but such wit is beyond me.

Beautiful sunny day, blue skies and not a cloud to be seen from my vantage point. It's currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) and that's as good as it'll get. Unlikely to have any rain today. Barometer up to 1024 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Japan unveils plans to build the world's largest wind farm near the Fukushima Daiichi Nulcear Power Plant 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Good morning

As I've started three posts in a row with Oh
      Oh, my.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        WEnt for a bath last night. I heard someone come in the house. Next I heard loads of screaming! Dashed out in bath robe. MrsBP cllapse - at bottom of stairs seemingly not breathing. As I was on phone for ambulance she came round.

Couple of bangs on head. Upper back hurts. Shoulder hurts.

Waited 70 minutes for ambulance then cancelled it. She seemed fine.

Friends are repairing a chair and had dropped it off. MrsBP went upstairs to get something - probably went up too fast. Fell down about 4/5 steps.

I am now going to designate her a dalek and keep her away from stairs.....
        Hope she's ok BP. Don't seem as serious as what happened to my neighbour last year, broke his spine in two places. Walking around now but not the bloke he was.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Called the parentals. They reported that they were given the Pfizer vaccine. Sore arm but otherwise well so far.

The community centre they went to seemed well run, took all your details to record the vaccination being given to the right person. When they got home, they received a text telling them they had missed their appointment.

Next jab will be given on 8 April.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 17 January 2021, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Oh my goodness! Do keep a close eye on her - dizziness, nausea etc are all bad signs after a bump on the head.

Hope she recovers soon.
            She is saying nice things about me! I will get her straight in for a scan.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Hope she's ok BP. Don't seem as serious as what happened to my neighbour last year, broke his spine in two places. Walking around now but not the bloke he was.
            He can walk?

Comment

Lunch is here. Last night's spag bol reheated.

Comment

Decided to see if my car would start. It was last driven two weeks ago but wouldn't turn over. Maybe the battery saga is rearing its ugly head again.

Started ok with the battery pack. Now sitting in it while it ticks over for a while.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey but mild out, 6°C and forecast to soar to 7° Real Soon Now (then de-soar), 1014/1022mB on the barometers

Capuchin rescue going on on Monkey World

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Darn it, missed out on a legal excuse to go to the beach. Got an email from the police search team about a search for a missing man, but didn't read it until too late. Hard to get ready and travel 28 miles in 30 mins.
                    Seems to be this bloke. Hope ok, these searches often don't turn out well.

Search resumes for missing Hove man and his dog - BBC News

PS Hope little doggy ok too.
                    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      He can walk?
                      Quite slowly but yes. Second time in two years when I've just been at my front window by chance and seen someone carried out on a stretcher.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X