• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soup divvied up. Six generous helpings

No idea how I'll fit it in the freezer

Still, one is lunch tomorrow and the rest'll be fine in the fridge for a few days before freezing if necessary, so I just need to work my way through some of the other stuff in there

Though I've also got a load of ribs that have to be cooked tomorrow, and once they're cooked and packaged up they'll also have to fit in there somewhere… ah well, I'm sure it will be all right in the end

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Soup divvied up. Six generous helpings

No idea how I'll fit it in the freezer

Still, one is lunch tomorrow and the rest'll be fine in the fridge for a few days before freezing if necessary, so I just need to work my way through some of the other stuff in there

Though I've also got a load of ribs that have to be cooked tomorrow, and once they're cooked and packaged up they'll also have to fit in there somewhere… ah well, I'm sure it will be all right in the end
      freezer bags tucked into any gap you can find?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        freezer bags tucked into any gap you can find?
        It's absolutely jam packed in there already, but I can find a bit of space by doing things like taking frozen meat out of the plastic containers full of space it comes in and vacuum-packing it instead. And there's a frozen joint of pork that can be done later in the week which takes up a bit of space. I'm sure I can work out how to get it all in there over the next few days

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It's absolutely jam packed in there already, but I can find a bit of space by doing things like taking frozen meat out of the plastic containers full of space it comes in and vacuum-packing it instead. And there's a frozen joint of pork that can be done later in the week which takes up a bit of space. I'm sure I can work out how to get it all in there over the next few days
          Do you have a stock control system so you know what's in there, when it went in there, and when it should be used by?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Do you have a stock control system so you know what's in there, when it went in there, and when it should be used by?

don't we all?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              [emoji23]laugh

don't we all?
              Mine is in the form of labels printed on my Dymo label printer, attached to each item. I somehow thought NF would have created his own app and barcodes etc

Comment

I label my soups and stews, but turnover is generally rapid enough that it's not an issue. One advantage of it not being very big, I suppose

Comment

Mine is in the form of labels printed on my Dymo label printer, attached to each item. I somehow thought NF would have created his own app and barcodes etc
                  Ages ago I bought a big box of labels from Staples, not because I really needed them for anything in particular, but because I have no impulse control in a stationery shop. So I'm gradually working my way through them

Comment

Does Staples still exist?

Everywhere seems to have gone into administration unless they are a big supermarket.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Does Staples still exist?

Everywhere seems to have gone into administration unless they are a big supermarket.
                      Sadly not

Comment

Working...
                      X