• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Watched the first one of those, good story but let down by the voice actors doing he overdubbing. Sounded like they hadn't actually watched the show too understand the context of a lot of the lines they were delivering. Or they were just really bad voice actors.
    Don't watch it dubbed, that's always awful, just have the original audio with subs

Comment

Snow!

That wasn't forecast (or not here). Doesn't look like it's sticking at all though

Comment

Apart from some stuff about a graceless orange narcissist failing to turn up for his last day at work this afternoon and some police stuff on C5 that was even less worth watching than usual (all the half-decent stuff having been watched), viewing has been confined to Bron/Broen S3E5

The snow seems to have reverted to rain, and has also eased off a good deal. The temperature has dropped very sharply though; IIRC it was still about 10°C early in the evening, and it's down to 1° now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

It feels colder today.

And it is.

It is 5 degrees and dark.

Hole workers started at 7.01am
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

FFS

We get rid of the orange one and have to deal with our own tulipstorm of ministers.

Comment

The former fireplace salesperson was asked "Are you doing a good job?" Did he simply say "Yes"? Did he ****.

Shopping delivered. I suspect the poor guy is stuck here due to the pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Watched the first one of those, good story but let down by the voice actors doing he overdubbing. Sounded like they hadn't actually watched the show too understand the context of a lot of the lines they were delivering. Or they were just really bad voice actors.
                I watched the first half of the first episode and will probably watch the rest once I can find how to get the original soundtrack with the english subtitles.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Rough old night.

Now dry.

CBS. Yes. Really.

Hints of sun.

Warmish at 16.4 deg in here.

Pressure was down to 976 mBar, 28.82 inHg last evening.

Now 986 mBar, 29.11 inHg, RH 55%.

Thursday by all accounts.

First scamming phonecall: iPad on my Amazon account.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

More drain grids cleared (or, rather, the grids I cleared yesterday were cleared again today.

The sun shone, then it rained a bit.

The garage is soaking wet, as is the shed next door with the failed tarp.

The tin shed appears dry and there's an opportunity to refill the filler that got unfilled by the rain in the sure and certain hope that it won't get washed out again if I cover the door with a sheet of polythene whilst it dries.

Sun's out again.

Chap uup the road is having a hard standing removed (and presumably replaced).

The dumb oik with the disc cutter was completely sans any protection whatsofeckingever, no eye protect, ear protection, or hand protection.

No doubt he'll be complaining he's deaf by the time he's 50.

<hiatus>

Tinshed door filled and painted.

Shed next door potched about in sorting stuff out.

Discovered mouse had been nesting in a box containing two shugart single sided 8" floppy diskette drives.

Funny it liked that box rather than the one full of ancient Granada Mk1 bits & pieces (plus the odd bit of Rover P4).

Extracted some of the tools from the tool drawers only to be Even More Amazed at the quantity of cold chisels and bolster chisels owned by Strangelove Pater.

My garage is remarkably wet.

Which is unfortunate considering the amount of stuff that's in there.

Found some single stage oxyacetylene regs, pipes, & torch that I thought had been nicked back when the shed was broken into.

Tea: the last of the batch of chilli con carne with rice, a random yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: all that's pencilled in so far is Hadrian's Wall with Robson Green, though there is a thing about the Bermuda Triangle on BBC4 at 20:00.

I still haven't recovered from the shock of the interruption to Tudur Owen's TV Flashback yesterday.

Haven't seen one of those for many years.

I suppose it's a bit more complicated than removing the headclog from the VR2000 headwheel with your thumbnail.

Turned out I'd seen the Bermuda Triangle thing before & it wasn't inneresting enough to bother with again.

Robson Green was reasonable enough in a green, walky, fishingy sort of way.

Followed by a thing about Robert Mitchum on Sky Arts, interspersed in the advert breaks with a thing on DMax+1 about rebuilding a log cabin in some remote part of Colorado where the grandfather of the rebuilder had a silver mine.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2021, 23:13.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Slightly better night's sleep; could still do with some improvement though

Sunny start out this morning, but only 4°C currently; 971/979mB

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I watched the first half of the first episode and will probably watch the rest once I can find how to get the original soundtrack with the english subtitles.
                      Options on the bottom right (if you're watching on Netflix). Don't pick the English [CC] option unless you like seeing additional [door closes in the background] and [music playing] captions

Comment

Working...
                      X