• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Bright, dry and sunny, if a tad windy, out. Currently 8 degrees, will reach 9 later. Cloud cover will increase over the course of the day but little chance of rain.

Day off and a lie in.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Envelope folding machine patented by Russell L. Hawes in Worcester, Massachusetts 1853
    Last edited by ladymuck; 21 January 2021, 10:21. Reason: Damn autocorrect changed the surname :tantrum:

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Options on the bottom right (if you're watching on Netflix). Don't pick the English [CC] option unless you like seeing additional [door closes in the background] and [music playing] captions
      The girls actually have subtitles on everything they watch so I'm used to those bits nowadays

Why they switch subtitles on is a mystery I've never gotten to the bottom of.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

CBSwFB
        Thursday
        I see the usual miserable gits are spreading their lack of cheer in General, early today.
        maybe to ensure no-one gets a chance to smile for too long.

Comment

Waiting for this damn surveyor, due at 11:30

The more I think about this, the more I suspect the landlord has been trying to run some kind of scam which has got out of hand. When I was first contacted, the woman had completely wrong information (e.g. she thought I had storage heaters). And I was originally told by the landlord that it was all about a grant for general improvements to the property, like the fusebox replacement the other month.

I reckon they've applied for this heating upgrade scheme thinking it would just go through on the nod and they'd get the grant money and live happily ever after. Instead, whichever organisation it is sending this surveyor appears to be planning to do all the work themselves, and the landlord won't see any of the cash. But either they don't yet realise what's going on, or they're in too deep to say anything and just have to let it play out and hope they don't end up being dropped in it.

If the surveyor confirms that I should have been informed long ago exactly what she's here for, rather than not having a clue, it will suggest that there's a whole lot of paperwork I haven't seen. Which would have me wondering who's been signing what, and in what name…

Comment

Just spent the last hour trying to work out why ebay was adding 20% VAT on to an item I've listed.

Turns out it's a "bug" in the system as my account seems fine to all intents and purposes.

Time to grab Mrs Eeks account and use it tomorrow to list a few items as I've £2k worth of computer bits I need to get rid of and I suspect people won't be happy suddenly being presented with a 20% fee on top and it's worth checking to see if Mrs Eek doesn't have the same issues.
            Last edited by eek; 21 January 2021, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Waiting for this damn surveyor, due at 11:30

The more I think about this, the more I suspect the landlord has been trying to run some kind of scam which has got out of hand. When I was first contacted, the woman had completely wrong information (e.g. she thought I had storage heaters). And I was originally told by the landlord that it was all about a grant for general improvements to the property, like the fusebox replacement the other month.

I reckon they've applied for this heating upgrade scheme thinking it would just go through on the nod and they'd get the grant money and live happily ever after. Instead, whichever organisation it is sending this surveyor appears to be planning to do all the work themselves, and the landlord won't see any of the cash. But either they don't yet realise what's going on, or they're in too deep to say anything and just have to let it play out and hope they don't end up being dropped in it.

If the surveyor confirms that I should have been informed long ago exactly what she's here for, rather than not having a clue, it will suggest that there's a whole lot of paperwork I haven't seen. Which would have me wondering who's been signing what, and in what name…
              Yep something doesn't add up there - especially as I doubt you meet the other criteria these schemes have...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Just spent the last hour trying to work out why ebay was adding 20% VAT on to an item I've listed.

Turns out it's a "bug" in the system as my account seems fine to all intents and purposes.

Time to grab Mrs Eeks account and use it tomorrow to list a few items as I've £2k worth of computer bits I need to get rid of and I suspect people won't be happy suddenly being presented with a 20% fee on top and it's worth checking to see if Mrs Eek doesn't have the same issues.
                And a quick check says it's an ebay screw up that I can resolve by using a different account - so that's my plan.

Comment

Yep something doesn't add up there - especially as I doubt you meet the other criteria these schemes have...
                  My income has been crap the last year, so I actually met that one. But that's literally the only piece of paper I myself have seen to do with the matter.

Comment

Finally got new version of tiny company website uploaded. Few things to do, nicer font etc, but works ok. We had a huge turnover of £5800 last year. Wow! Still, keeps the old brain going a bit.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The girls actually have subtitles on everything they watch so I'm used to those bits nowadays

Why they switch subtitles on is a mystery I've never gotten to the bottom of.

So when the Dad / Mum / other kids talk over the telly they can understand the subtleties of the story?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X