• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Checked out this company and the scheme behind it all, and it seems the city council has adopted a version of this scheme which provides grants to people who aren't on benefits and are in privately-rented accommodation if they meet certain other criteria, which I think I do, at least for the moment. But as far as I can tell, it should be me doing the application, not the landlord; and I haven't, and they have. So still very dubious about what's going on

</snip>

Though they'd still end up with an upgrade to the property, so I don't see why they'd back out now…
    I had a landlord try for a scheme when I lived in his property. It was for better loft insulation. Anyway instead of expecting us to say anything, he just asked if he could be in the living room watching telly when the surveyor person turned up. We said "Yes" as we wanted a warmer property. It was initially applied for fraudulently but due to a tenant that moved into a nearly self-contained part of the property, the entire property qualified for it.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I had a landlord try for a scheme when I lived in his property. It was for better loft insulation. Anyway instead of expecting us to say anything, he just asked if he could be in the living room watching telly when the surveyor person turned up. We said "Yes" as we wanted a warmer property. It was initially applied for fraudulently but due to a tenant that moved into a nearly self-contained part of the property, the entire property qualified for it.....
      I've not heard anything from the landlord (strictly speaking, manager; son of the landlord) since I signed the income declaration. I don't think he knows anything about this surveyor stuff. Strongly suspect they're completely out of the loop at the moment

I've rescheduled the appointment for next Thursday at 14:30, with the vague idea that I might be able to sort out some of the junk in the meantime, and the more firmly established idea that I can still have a lie in that day if I want to

Comment

Mundane laundry has finished and been draped over the clotheshorse

And, passing through the kitchen, I was distracted by the baked-on grease on the enamelled top of the grill, which I've despaired of ever shifting, and gave The Pink Stuff a try. Incredible scenes as, with a few minutes of determined scrubbing with a little bit of it on a non-stick scourer, the thing started to turn clean!

I've stopped for now; there are a few patches that are a bit more stubborn, though they're quite small, but after refreshing the scourer with another sliver of the stuff maybe five or six times and finally wiping over with a damp cloth, about a third to a half of the enamel is now all glossy again, like it was before I let it get into such a terrible state

There's a bit of baked-on crud by the big burner on the hob that also won't shift no matter what I try, so once the top of the grill is done, that'll be next

Comment

You & your grill, me & my teapot*.

It's all go cleaning stuff at the moment.

You'd think we were all locked in or something.

*The tea doesn't taste noticeably different it must be said, considering the amount of time it took to do.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hard floors have been swept and carpets hoovered.

For dinner HWMBO is cooking deep fried oysters in a panko crumb followed by lobster thermadore with triple cooked chips and salad. Wine chilling in the fridge.

Forgot to report that the bedroom curtains (which are rarely closed) were taken down by HWMBO at my request and we dropped them off at the dry cleaner's before going for the drive about. I've adked them to be done for Saturday so he can put them back up again for me before he goes home

I've also taken down the curtains in my office and will drop them off for cleaning in the week. I probably won't put them back up as they're too big for the windows and they're really not necessary. Will put them aside for when I eventually move out.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Waiting for this damn surveyor, due at 11:30

Just noticed the century!

It's an 'om next

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Just noticed the century!

It's an 'om next
                Not quite there is something more important before then
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment