• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    HWMBO's shirts have been laundered and are hung up to dry. Smalls now in the WM.

Finally got around to booking my Barbour in for a rewax and zip repair so I toddled along to the Gloucester Road post office to send it off. Queue was huge so decided to do the small bit of shopping I needed to do in Waitrose in the hope it would go down. No booze offers.

Back in the Post Office the queue was marginally better but not by much.

It's clouded over now and turning grey and damp. Definitely not as nice out as this morning.
    That reminds me I must remember in early September to go to their factory shop in Simonside and get a new coat.

Needs to be carefully timed to be after the Great North Run sale kits off but before the runners actually arrive and clear the stock out.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Barbour? last time i had one of those greasy things was a bike jacket in the early 70's
      technology has moved on.
      but maybe the green welly brigade haven't noticed

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Barbour? last time i had one of those greasy things was a bike jacket in the early 70's
        technology has moved on.
        but maybe the green welly brigade haven't noticed
        It's a lovely warm coat, keeps the rain off and I can still see when wearing the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          socially distanced, masked, and hands washed immediately after?
          No masks, but it's out in the open air and we did the dance of each stepping back a few paces while the other had a go, like courtly Tudor lovers dancing at court

And I always wash my hands as soon as I come back in the flat, because going anywhere outside involves touching doorhandles and so on

Comment

It rained.

It stopped.

Comment

Back when I was at the radio station in Bristol, we were at one end of a long open-plan office with studios off, most of which was inhabited by permies producing various shows. One day, one of them had a clear-out of the cupboard full of promotional items they'd been sent but never used; they get a lot of this junk from PR agencies, who hope it'll be used as prizes for phone-ins and so on, thereby earning an on-air mention for whatever it may be.

This assorted junk was piled up on the empty desk opposite mine, and she told me to help myself to anything I wanted; anything that wasn't taken away would just get binned. There were a couple of satchel bags there promoting the then-recent film The Devil's Rejects (2005), each containing a logo-bearing t-shirt, tube of fake blood, baseball cap, and set of two shot glasses (possibly plastic as they feel very light), all in their original wrappings. I commented that they'd probably make decent enough laptop bags, and she agreed and told me to take them both if I wanted, so I did.

Since then they've been among my assorted junk, never used.

I was thinking of slinging them but I looked up the film, just in case, and it seems it's a bit of a cult classic nowadays. So I had a look on eBay, to see what sort of prices such memorabilia was going for.

I found a single listing for the same bag, battered from use and lacking any of the ancillary stuff, at £34.99

No idea if that item will actually fetch that, of course, and it seems to have been listed since last October. But if they're pricing it about right then mine, in good condition other than being a bit dusty and with all the other things still in their wrappings, must be worth a few bob more

I shall have to investigate further, but I'm no longer thinking of slinging them

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                It rained.

It stopped.
                Seems to have done both of those things here too

Comment

It happens a lot.
                  It's called, in the high tongue, - 'WEATHER'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Seems to have done both of those things here too
                    Started again, a bit heavier now