• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I could hear rain. HWMBO has reported that it's snow. Hopefully not settling as my car does not play nicely in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      'Kreuger' first started selling canned beer in Richmond, Virginia, United States 1935
      Felinfoel in Llanelli followed in December 1935.

I thought I could hear rain. HWMBO has reported that it's snow. Hopefully not settling as my car does not play nicely in snow.
      Sideways to Victory!

The Seicento was brilliant in snow, narrow tyres, front wheel drive, not much power, it was really good.

The Big Bloo Volvo was dreadful, especially with mismatched tyres on the front & rear wheel drive.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Snow!

Just started but already going great guns, and settling too, unlike the other night's lot

Meanwhile, I'm mucking around with SwiftUI, Apple's new(ish) way of declaratively building user interfaces for their various computing appliances

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Rarely have nightmares but had one last night where I was trapped in a small space. Felt a bit anxious when I woke up so went downstairs to watch TV for a bit. When I turned it on it was showing news about those Chinese miners!
          Maybe they're trying to communicate psychically with someone on the surface, and they got through to you

Comment

Bed stripped and first load in the WM.

Snow has stopped.

Comment

Snow has stopped.
              Don't trust it! It stopped here, but then it started again, heavier if anything

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Don't trust it! It stopped here, but then it started again, heavier if anything
                Maybe I'll send HWMBO off in a cab rather than drive him...

Comment

Afternoon

Started snowing around 10:30am and wasn't looking like it was going to settle, but unfortunately it has.

Currently 1 degree with a high of 2 and it should start raining soon.

Lots of kids walking past wrapped up in waterproofs throwing snow at their unamused parents. I think I will stay in....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Still snowing steadily here, and it's well and truly settling. I was thinking of making a pot of tea, but I haven't got any milk and I'm loath to venture out in it even as far as Iceland, a few doors away

On the other hand, it's easier to walk in while it's fresh, so maybe I should go now

Depends on how much I want tea, I suppose.

Comment

Maybe I'll send HWMBO off in a cab rather than drive him...
                      Probably best its not nice driving in the snow, its the other idiots!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X