• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Not sure I could cope with not dusting for three years. I don't dust all that often, just usually before the parentals visit or when I am sufficiently disgusted with my slovenly ways.
    For a long time there was an upright fridge-freezer blocking access to about half the width of the window, and various bits of junk cluttering up the accessible parts of the ledge. But yes, it's pretty terrible really

Comment

Lunch was vegetable soup.

I think I put too much veg in it.....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk down to C&WH for my scan follow up. On the way down it was dry but there was a dampness to the air. On the way back, it had started that awful drizzle that doesn't warrant a brolly or putting the hood up on your jacket but it's still wet.

Now to have an MRI to close out another line of enquiry that's opened up. Although the doctor says there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Walk walked, green ring closed

Not very brisk today though, as much of the pavement along my chosen route was dappled with those sheets of ice that have started turning into slush on the surface, making them incredibly slippery, and the shoes I wore were definitely not suited for such conditions

But I had some time accrued from cleaning earlier, vigorous scrubbing being easily mistaken for exercise by the Apple Watch, and managed to make my way round a rather shorter route than usual in the remaining time.

Interestingly, some roads had entire stretches of pavement that were clear, though I'm not sure why. One such stretch ran past a large derelict house (it used to be a care home) on a corner, so nobody living there to clear it, then continued past small terraced houses for much of the road, even past junctions, before abruptly becoming icy again at what seemed an arbitrary point; and some of the longest clear stretches were on third-level back streets while main routes remained uncleared throughout

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Walk walked, green ring closed

Not very brisk today though, as much of the pavement along my chosen route was dappled with those sheets of ice that have started turning into slush on the surface, making them incredibly slippery, and the shoes I wore were definitely not suited for such conditions

But I had some time accrued from cleaning earlier, vigorous scrubbing being easily mistaken for exercise by the Apple Watch, and managed to make my way round a rather shorter route than usual in the remaining time.

Interestingly, some roads had entire stretches of pavement that were clear, though I'm not sure why. One such stretch ran past a large derelict house (it used to be a care home) on a corner, so nobody living there to clear it, then continued past small terraced houses for much of the road, even past junctions, before abruptly becoming icy again at what seemed an arbitrary point; and some of the longest clear stretches were on third-level back streets while main routes remained uncleared throughout
            Probably a "tomato" farm in the basement of said derelict house

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Probably a "tomato" farm in the basement of said derelict house
              It's a possibility I suppose

Though the clear area continued for several hundred yards past it, so it must be like something out of National Treasure under there

Comment

One of the things that's been sitting in the corner of the kitchen window ledge was my Thermos flask, lid on. I cleaned the accumulated dust from it, and assumed it might be a bit musty inside after being sealed for so long, so figured I'd rinse it out.

Turns out I'd left some coffee in there however many years ago I last used it

So having rinsed it out, I've now stuck a hefty dollop of white vinegar in there followed by several teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate

Then, once the reaction had settled down, I topped it up with boiling water. Leaving it to soak for a little while now, but I reckon there's a good chance that'll sort it out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  One of the things that's been sitting in the corner of the kitchen window ledge was my Thermos flask, lid on. I cleaned the accumulated dust from it, and assumed it might be a bit musty inside after being sealed for so long, so figured I'd rinse it out.

Turns out I'd left some coffee in there however many years ago I last used it

So having rinsed it out, I've now stuck a hefty dollop of white vinegar in there followed by several teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate

Then, once the reaction had settled down, I topped it up with boiling water. Leaving it to soak for a little while now, but I reckon there's a good chance that'll sort it out
                  You know flasks have gone down in price a lot, and the likes of supermarkets and IKEA now make decent ones....

Comment

Dinner of roast chicken with sweetcorn and potatoes. I can't risk any more veg...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You know flasks have gone down in price a lot, and the likes of supermarkets and IKEA now make decent ones....
                      Shame to waste a perfectly decent one though. The vinegar/bicarb/H2O mixture left for twenty minutes or so did the trick, and it's absolutely gleaming in there now from top to bottom

Comment

Working...
                      X