• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Shame to waste a perfectly decent one though. The vinegar/bicarb/H2O mixture left for twenty minutes or so did the trick, and it's absolutely gleaming in there now from top to bottom
    Don't mention bottoms, you'll get xogg all excited again.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just remembered I was supposed to be attending a recording of Mock the Week this evening. Recording started at 1830. Fortunately it's still going.

Comment

The rain went on longer than forecast and also got heavier, so the last of the snow visible from the living room (on roofs opposite and down in the front gardens over here) seems to be gone now

Comment

E-Bike was fun at lunchtime. 2000w on icy hills around the estate made for gingerly rates of acceleration, and more so when it came to braking down the hills.

Dinner was Spag-Bol. "The Fall" S01 on the Netflix.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Really nice tea tonight: sirloin steak, being the last bit of meat from the Scottish butcher food parcel, with fried onion, chips and beans

There's still a couple of their chocolate brownies in the freezer, which are also very nice. The question of why a butcher sells chocolate brownies remains unresolved

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              E-Bike was fun at lunchtime. 2000w on icy hills around the estate made for gingerly rates of acceleration, and more so when it came to braking down the hills.

Dinner was Spag-Bol. "The Fall" S01 on the Netflix.
              I started watching The Fall on Amazon Prime and then forgot about it. I quite enjoyed what I did watch.

I am generally a bit rubbish at remembering to watch TV.

Comment

And that's S3 of Bron/Broen wrapped up with S3E9 and S3E10

On to S4 next…

Goodnight all

Comment

Saga (until S4, I'd forgotten that).

Morning.

Sick of waking up at 05:fecking30 all the time.

No chance of going back to sleep this morning.

Telex machine emitting X rays.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Warmer at 16.4 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.82 inHg, 52% RH.

Wednesday.

Ready to lock & load.

<hiatus>

Dozed whilst listening to the DSOTM cd of Pulse, followed by Doremifasolatido by Hawkwind.

Once he moves in next door I won't be able to do that without headphones.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the misty drizzle or drizzly mist, take your choice.

More potching in the superwet garage: it now has some internal gutters to catch the drips off the roof joists.

Then it'll have another gutter to collect the drips from the ends of the first lot of gutters with the intent of it all ending up in a bucket.

Found loads of redundant guttering though I was tempted to pinch some from next door's garage that I put up when the tree landed on same but the guttering doesn't work well (or at all) because there's no over hang on the sheeting since the tree landing on it chopped it off right next to the joist.

<hiatus>

Internal guttering duly installed, though how much good it'll do is anyone's guess.

Also moved some pallets and other timber around in a no doubt vain attempt to dry it off a bit.

One of the pallets was so heavy I couldn't lift it.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken breast with carrots & onions, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The chicken had rather a lot of hot smoked paprika and pepper so nearly blew my head off.

Entertainment: Tudur Owen's TV Flashover: about mysteries this week & we didn't have a breakdown 10 minutes in.

Abandoned Engineering: A Kentucky coal mine in Harlan County.

Kentucky Coal Heritage - Lynch, Kentucky

Kobe, Japan: abandoned building on top of a mountain: with funicular railway: the Maya Club.

Destroyed by mudslides due to Typhoon Billy 1966.

Inchgarvie Island in the Firth of Forth.

Ah. Had a feeling the Tay bridge was in there somewhere.

The abandoned structure is the first bit built by Thomas Bouch, abandoned after the Tay bridge disaster when they found someone else to design the Forth Railway bridge.

Now an abandoned comms/radar station on Sardinia.

And all the kit is still there. Monte Limbara. Tropospheric scatter comms site.

I note that a prog about the DeLorean debacle is on BBC2 at 21:00.

Which proved to be quite inneresting, though I missed the first 25 minutes due to watching the Devon & Cornwall walk thing about the Isles of Scilly.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 January 2021, 23:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's overcast, damp, a bit 'meh' out there this morning. Warm though, at 8 degrees, but it won't get much warmer - topping out at 9. It's going to be cloudy all day; allegedly the sun may poke through a bit but unlikely I reckon. Rain expected this evening. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Tired this morning. Slept heavily but I'm not feeling very rested.

Dentist at 10, well, hygienist. I'll get nagged about flossing as usual.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Aged 91, eccentric Swedish businessman and founder of IKEA, Ingvar Kamprad, dies 2018

Comment

STILL no little van. Think this damn C* thing is making getting parts difficult. Won't be able to buy loony lady 1 a birthday present. Saved me a few quid, there's a plus side to everything!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X