• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah - just remembered to go and empty the dirty water tank, and WTF!? Incredible amount of dirt, it turns out; I could have used it to pot plants with

That's the result of (nearly) seventeen years of walking crap from outside in on one's shoes, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ah - just remembered to go and empty the dirty water tank, and WTF!? Incredible amount of dirt, it turns out; I could have used it to pot plants with

That's the result of (nearly) seventeen years of walking crap from outside in on one's shoes, I suppose
      I don't wear shoes inside as it saves cleaning the floors all the time.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm tired.

I'm sad the hole robot is going next week.

I now won't get to stare at a man in a truck staring at a screen from my window.

What am I going to have to look at for the next few months of lockdown?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I don't wear shoes inside as it saves cleaning the floors all the time.
          Neither do I, but this is the little lobby area inside the door of the flat where I take my shoes off

Though as I need to pass through there to get to the kitchen and the bathroom, the accumulated crap has also gradually spread through the rest of the flat on my slippers

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I'm tired.

I'm sad the hole robot is going next week.

I now won't get to stare at a man in a truck staring at a screen from my window.

What am I going to have to look at for the next few months of lockdown?
            I thought briefly that BBC1 was repeating The Muppet Show at 5pm weekdays, but it turns out it was the Prime Minister addressing the nation

Comment

Has anyone else ever picked up the phone and dialled 666 to see if the beast answers? Just the usual "The number you have called has not been recognised" message. How disappointing.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Scavenging through the Internet, I've found all the Ofgem documentation relating to this energy scheme with which the landlord is inconveniencing me in the name of free central heating, which I've gone through in the hope of finding out how much disruption this surveyor visit tomorrow afternoon will cause.

If I'm reading the right bit - and I'm sure I am - it's just going to be working through a checklist of stuff; no floorboard-lifting necessary. It's mainly just confirming that the place doesn't have and has never had a central heating installation, and that I have gas fires and a gas water heater.

There's a bunch of stuff about external wall insulation too. It seems to me that none of that applies to this flat thanks to the huge windows; the walls aren't cavity walls AFAIK, having been built in the late 1870s, but solid walls only have to be insulated if they form more than 50% of the external facing of the property (i.e. the flat). As about 80 or 90% of the front and 60% of the back external walls are window, that wouldn't apply; and the rest of the perimeter is internal walls. That's good, as they couldn't put insulation on the walls outside (conservation area) so they'd have to do it inside, which would be yet another major hassle

Comment

I love a good pair of slippers. I am very happy with the ones I recently got from M&S. Good sturdy sole for when I have to pop out to the patio and a nice fleecy lining to keep my feet warm.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 27 January 2021, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Neither do I, but this is the little lobby area inside the door of the flat where I take my shoes off

Though as I need to pass through there to get to the kitchen and the bathroom, the accumulated crap has also gradually spread through the rest of the flat on my slippers
                    I've just measured it, and it's about 4'×4½'.

Cleaning it, which will need to be done at least one more time before it starts to look even vaguely clean, used a full tank of water and the whole of one of the 250ml containers of cleaning solution that came with the machine

Now searching for bulk shipments of Vax carpet cleaning solution (or equivalent) as I reckon I'll be using a good few litres of it getting the rest of the place looking half-decent again

Comment

I haven't done any reading. I've just faffed about on the internet discovering not very much at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X