• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO and I decided to watch a fillum together, but apart. He chose The Gentlemen (2019) which I've already seen (and I thought I saw it with him). The most memberable feature being the awful accent Hugh Grant puts on.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      Very nice as always

Busyness: "Earlier; rush rush rush, it never stops." Though clearly it did stop

Comment

Tonight's film has been Containment (2015), in which a bunch of people living in a tower block (in Southampton, although they seem to have London and Essex accents) find themselves locked in as the authorities struggle to contain a deadly respiratory virus. The first time I saw this the other year, I figured it was science fiction. This time, not so much

Early night now because of Zooming with the time shifted people of the Antipodes first thing tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens :wave

Sunny start, though there's a bit of frost on the stable roof out the back; 2°C1029/1037mB. Forecast to get to 11° later though

Just time to pour my coffee before the Zoom call…

Comment

Zooming done

I might have a big breakfast now. I've got M&S sausages from my venture into town after the vaccine

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold at 16.2 deg.

Frosty.

1037 mBar, 30.62 inHg, 54% RH.

Sunday.

Much better night's sleep.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine.

I had layers to remove as I staggered up hill.

Passed a chap wearing a tee shirt.

It's not fecking August, mate.

Noticed that the water level in the res is no longer brim full & thundering down the spill way but has fallen by about 2 feet, which seems a fairly rapid change in level.

I wonder if it's sprung a leak.

In other news: can't be arsed to cook the beef, I'll do that later this afternoon.

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Afternoon entertainment (for the sake of doing something): "Pen Llyn Harri Parri" being a thing on S4C about some ancient who used to drive about the Llyn Peninsula in an Austin 7 back in the day, and appears to do much the same in this programme. Inneresting enough in its way.

I've boycotted "Just a minute". It's just not the same programme without the right & proper quizmaster.

Two eps of "Enterprise" sort of intertwined together by swapping channels in a mindless way.

Freecell score: 88%.

Beef now roasting in the oven, speaking of which, I'd better turn the oven down a bit before it incinerates.

<hiatus>

Tea: Well roasting it that way was as meh as previous efforts, the last half of a tin of fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I seem to have lost my knack as regards the Sunday lunch thing.

Ho hum.

And after all these years of doing it.

In other news: discovered the roasties and the onion in the oven during washing up.

The brain rot is progressing well.

Evening Entertainment: "Am Dro" at 20:00 on S4C. I wonder where we're going this week.

North Wales, mid Wales, mid Wales, and Pendine.

A bit of a prog about a mining disaster in the north of England in the 1860s.

The end of "Our Man in Havana".

Five minutes of "The curse of civil war gold".

The Knights Templar thing.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2021, 22:01.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's cloudy but reasonably bright. Dry. Currently 5 degrees, forecast high of 11 with claims of unimpeded sunshine. Barometer down to 1036 mBar.

Had a nice lie in, listening to BH on R4 and getting up before The Archers came on. Why that crud needs to be aired six days a week, I don't know. Most of it is omnibus repeats.

Bed stripped and the duvet cover is in the WM. Forgot to press the "hurry up" button so it'll take over two hours instead of a more reasonable 1 and a bit.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Led Zeppelin perform in Copehagen as 'The Nobs' following threatened legal action by the 'Ferdinand von Zeppelin' family 1970

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I might have a big breakfast now. I've got M&S sausages from my venture into town after the vaccine
                  Finally got around to making a nice big fry-up

I suppose that means I'll have to have lunch tonight instead

Comment

Duvet out of the WM and hung up.

Bottom sheet and pillow cases now in the WM, and the hurry up button pressed.

The cloud has finally sodded off and there's a lovely blue sky in its place.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Duvet out of the WM and hung up.

Bottom sheet and pillow cases now in the WM, and the hurry up button pressed.

The cloud has finally sodded off and there's a lovely blue sky in its place.
                      That reminded me I wanted to change the bed. Bed stripped, and mattress flipped for good measure; and I'm leaving the bedroom window open so it can air properly for a few hours

Comment

Working...
                      X