• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Just had mine, just junk food today, spicy hot dog in a baguette.

You still havent given us your review of bars, that could use a few posts one here, actualy we could all do a bit on our favourite places where we work.

What do you think?
    sounds like a good idea - prehaps we could do a delvelopment version in this thread then the mods could setup a new group for places to eat ect.
    Lunch today to the usaly heavely discounted stuf we have I just had salad and a bananna all for the grand total of about 45pence.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

last week we went to the Shy Horse - very good food, real wood fires, beer is not so bad - not hte best but OK and our client paid for it all....
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

week before we went to the Windsor Castle- very good beer, very good food, nice women serving as well as partaking in the food and drink. All round good pub.
        SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Good reviews. Thanks.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

O'Reileys Heidelberg.

Good food, fine atmosphere and 4 TV screens so good for footie and rugby, but can be busy when lots are playing.

German Bier is good and reasonably priced, but guinness and cider are expensive.

Staff are excellent, just ask for Johny Mac.

Great place for expats to meet.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Brauhaus Wetter: Heidelberg.

Superb.
              Old fashioned German drinking hall which brews its own biers, all of which are good and once held the guinness book of records record for the worlds strongest bier which is 33%.
              They even serve some biers in 5 litre kegs so you can serve yourself at the table.

Typical German food with schnitzel and haxn and other delights. All good stuff and all served in huge portions.

Try the party pans. 18" pan full of sausage and fried spuds in the middle of the table.

Staff are usualy friendly enough.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Is this the Columbian thread?

"worlds strongest bier which is 33%"

Its alright luv, I'm just out for a few pints...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
                  Is this the Columbian thread?
                  Marching powder or hostages?

This thread can be whatever you like.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

well can do more - but prehaps others would like to do some reviews....
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                      well can do more - but prehaps others would like to do some reviews....
                      Pitcher & Piano, Lace Market, Nottingham

Obviously a chain, but this one is in a church so stands out from the rest. A lot. Great looking bar. Nice atmosphere - bordering on the pretentious, but the clientele are very easy on the eye so that makes up for it. Not a lot in the way of real beer, but plenty of draft and bottled lager options. They also do a shot called Psycho which speaks for itself.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X