• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Nations The Turd (ahem The Third)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Nations The Turd (ahem The Third)

As some of you may know when this time of year swings around the hearts of many a man (and I dare say quite a few ladies) are set a-thumping at the mouth watering prospect of another Six Nations of rugby!

Play is commencing this weekend and I am sure in the weeks to come we shall be arguing over results, agreeing on the merits of men playing with their funny shaped balls, and heaping abuse at one another.

In an effort to try and tame some of the enthusiasm that will henceforth spill upon these pages once again, I shall be setting up the 2010 6 Nations Contractor UK Fantasy League

Ta da http://scrum.fantasyleague.com/

Right I have set up a private league for us to partake in (same as last year and the year before), cunningly named Contractor UK. The League PIN: 6213

The games start this weekend and the squad's + starting line-ups (when announced) for the weekend’s games can be found on the bbc website. Do try and pick players that are actually starting and not just your favourite team otherwise you will get sod all points from the league and very few kudos from us as well.

Super Ted was last year’s champ and the previous year’s runner up. Can anyone do better?

Ohh and if I remember right, the league asks for your real name. You don’t have to join as your real self not that anyone really gives a monkeys either way.

Yours

The Honourable Field Marshall Von Fart-unt Crack

Lets get ready to rumble!
    "Wait, I still function!"

I'll watch this second-rate northern hemisphere competition just so I can sort you lot out in the fantasy league. Tony, you can't get lucky 3 years in a row!

Comment

I think England manage time and time again to prove that

Though I doubt the lucky Irish will be jammy again

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post

Super Ted was last year’s champ and the previous year’s runner up. Can anyone do better?
        No
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          I'll watch this second-rate northern hemisphere competition just so I can sort you lot out in the fantasy league. Tony, you can't get lucky 3 years in a row!
          I must admit that the super 12 is certainly the finest touch rugby competition in the world.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I must admit that the super 12 is certainly the finest touch rugby competition in the world.
            Comparing a provincial competition with the 6 nations? I can see why

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post

Though I doubt the lucky Irish will be jammy again
              We've actually got a decent team together this time
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Can I play?

Comment

The more the merrier

Comment

hmmm, need to have a thinky before the weekend.

Pondlife XV FTW!

Comment

Working...
                    X