• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hyper D and Lucifer Box's food thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hyper D and Lucifer Box's food thread

Let it begin

Lucifer says, "fillet steak is very nice but every now and again you fancy a burger."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Lucifer says, "fillet steak is very nice but every now and again you fancy a burger."
      actually i think i'd prefer a sirloin or rump over fillet, more flavour

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
        actually i think i'd prefer a sirloin or rump over fillet, more flavour
        To be honest I'm with you on that one, although I prefer ribeye myself.

Lucifer's second saying: "you have to eat so you may as well eat well."

Comment

I did stuffed hearts last week. Very tasty even though I say so myself.

Comment

Top hyperD tip: When cooking duck (whole), collect the oil - it makes great oil for frying chips or roasting potatoes.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              Top hyperD tip: When cooking duck (whole), collect the oil - it makes great oil for frying chips or roasting potatoes.
              Aha! "duck 'n' chips", so it was you!
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Coffee machines

Has anyone got a proper espresso machine at home. I like the idea of having proper coffee at home

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                  Has anyone got a proper espresso machine at home. I like the idea of having proper coffee at home
                  I've got one of these, the La Pavoni Europiccola...

Makes a cracking cup of espresso and has a good steam attachment as well, but you have to treat it like a beautiful woman, "not a machine for the dilettante" as one review I read said.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    I've got one of these, the La Pavoni Europiccola...

Makes a cracking cup of espresso and has a good steam attachment as well, but you have to treat it like a beautiful woman, "not a machine for the dilettante" as one review I read said.
                    Very nice but also very expensive >£250.....................

I have been looking at Krups or Gaggia but some of the Krups don't get a particularly good review.

Comment

Working...
                    X