• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprenticeships in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apprenticeships in London

Hi guys

I was wondering if I could tap in to some of your expertise out there.
    Iam trying to help a young lad gain employment in a apprenticeship of some sort. Ideally IT as he loves computers and is a wiz with them.

He is close to completing his A levels, so ideally it would be some sort of A level entry scheme if possible.

Your thoughts...??
    Many thanks

Originally posted by blinko View Post
    Hi guys

I was wondering if I could tap in to some of your expertise out there.
    Iam trying to help a young lad gain employment in a apprenticeship of some sort. Ideally IT as he loves computers and is a wiz with them.

He is close to completing his A levels, so ideally it would be some sort of A level entry scheme if possible.

Your thoughts...??
    Many thanks

Ask him to apply to all the IT companies who accept A level applicants for apprenticeships. What sort of help do you want ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Im looking for recommendations for companies that may offer this.

Any feedback from someone who may have been on one of these schemes.

Comment

Try SERCO they were looking to take somone on in the office i am in (oop north) and seem quite keen on the apprenticship route, and they have people placed allover especially councils, no idea who you need to contact though

Comment

thanks buddy

Comment

Also have you approached your local college, my son is an apprentice electrician and the college gave him a big list of companies to approach and one of them took him on so he does one day a week college and the rest of the week working to pay for his car insurance

Comment

Thanks Support Monkey, I haven't as I don't live near him. I think the problem with him (and many others) is that he enjoys a hands on job.

But in reality as the economy becomes a more service sector led, these jobs are disappearing

What can you do hey.

Comment

Working...
              X