• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did we cover this from Jezza?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we cover this from Jezza?

Jeremy Corbyn slams 'sexist' after-work drinking culture for being 'unfair on mothers' | London Evening Standard

Or is everyone too scared to raise topics like this on here anymore?

Can Jezza get any more ridiculous?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Jeremy Corbyn slams 'sexist' after-work drinking culture for being 'unfair on mothers' | London Evening Standard

Or is everyone too scared to raise topics like this on here anymore?

Can Jezza get any more ridiculous?

Didn't see it, was at the pub
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He has a point.

It also excludes those for whom alcohol is a no-no.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          He has a point.

It also excludes those for whom alcohol is a no-no.
          I am excluded as I am an unsocialable git who does not drink.

And I don't think it is unfair at all.

JC should concentrate on the real reason people voted for Brexit. Inequality. Get tough on immigration (it only benefits the rich).

He could get 75% of the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            He has a point.
            On that score yes he does. It is discriminatory to a degree, but that discrimination is not confined to gender. That was MY point.
            Indeed it might be termed slightly sexist of him to contend that it is only women that leave the workplace to attend to the offspring.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Korbyn should STFU and just use his image in campaign - free bubbly for all mums whose husbands drinking beer in pubs before, during or after work

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Korbyn should STFU and just use his image in campaign - free bubbly for all mums whose husbands drinking beer in pubs before, during or after work

Where does he stand on snorting coke & ******* Polish rent boys when the wife it at home?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  On that score yes he does. It is discriminatory to a degree, but that discrimination is not confined to gender. That was MY point.
                  Indeed it might be termed slightly sexist of him to contend that it is only women that leave the workplace to attend to the offspring.
                  In a world where all things are equal, it might not be confined to gender - aside from the fact that many women continue evening breastfeeding after returning to work. However, IME, when there are 'pub' dos after work, it is much more likely that the women are unable to attend because of family commitments than the men.

It shouldn't impact (non lactating) women more than men, but it does.

Comment

As a contractor I often felt left out of after work drinks because I had a 90 mile drive home.

Isn't it about time Jezza spoke up for us?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X