• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blocking A50 over eu nationals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking A50 over eu nationals

So it looks as if the Lords may block A50 unless eu nationals are guaranteed the right to stay in the UK.

That's obviously a ridiculous position as we could end up with 3.6m eu nationals staying but also with Scooter and Darmy being sent back to us.

So, as I'm not aware of anyone wanting to send eu nationals home, surely the bill is just amended to say we'll let everyone stay if they let UK nationals stay? That way we have to do it if it is reciprocated.

So A50 still on target.

Quite agree. It's as if our own nationals don't matter to these damn people.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Quite agree. It's as if our own nationals don't matter to these damn people.
      Nope.

They just want to ensure they have doctors and nurses when they get sick.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Nope.

Rubbish, they want their nannies and cleaners to stay.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Nope.

well then maybe we can train our own then not steal them from developing countries?

Or Maybe our lazy brits don't want to be doctors?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Rubbish, they want their nannies and cleaners to stay.
            that's alright they can use illegals like the other peers.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              well then maybe we can train our own then not steal them from developing countries?

Blair and Brown dumbed down too many of them for that to work unfortunately.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Are you going to volunteer to pay more tax to fund it.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Are you going to volunteer to pay more tax to fund it.
                  Just print the money.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    So it looks as if the Lords may block A50 unless eu nationals are guaranteed the right to stay in the UK.

That's obviously a ridiculous position as we could end up with 3.6m eu nationals staying but also with Scooter and Darmy being sent back to us.

So, as I'm not aware of anyone wanting to send eu nationals home, surely the bill is just amended to say we'll let everyone stay if they let UK nationals stay? That way we have to do it if it is reciprocated.

So A50 still on target.
                    I think it's time to cull the number of lords at the HOL
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X