• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Accounts

I've just registered my Ltd co, and am looking around to set up a business account.

However, I've had some trouble in the last couple of years, which I fear may throw a spanner in the works.

I've got a couple of CCJs and a few defaults registered against me, obviously this causes problems for credit cards and loans, but wondered how any of this would affect me for opening a business account.

I currently use Natwest as a personal bank, and I'm looking to open a business account with them. Does anyone know if it makes a difference if I already bank with them? No borrowing is needed, just a cheque book.

Alternatively can anyone suggest any alternatives where I don't have to fork out a few hundred quid to get the account opened?

Thanks in advance for any help.

NatWest are normally the best option for business accounts for those with previous problems as their credit scoring is a little bit more "friendly". They also do 18 months free business banking.

Another one you could try would be Royal Bank of Scotland, similar set up.

Comment

two quid

Will get you a copy of your credit file. Assuming that you have cleared the defaults etc ensure that they are properly noted. A lot don't get noted.

Comment

Working...
      X